The Corroboree
_e_

Would you laugh at me....

Should i come out of the closet?

I find him all the time,

:innocent_n: Sitting on my shoulder trading insults with the little guy in a red suit who sits on my other shoulder :devil: .

once I caught them sharing a spliff but the miserable little pricks refused to give me a toke!!!

Funny though, when I pointed them out to a friend he tried to tell me they didn't exist. :o

I think he does too many drugs...

Yeah I'd laugh at you.

It's a completely loaded statement. You found Jesus?

Which Jesus? Islamic Jesus, Mormon Jesus, Christian Jesus, atheist Jesus, etc, or you mean you finally came up with your own interpretation of Jesus that doesn't conflict with any of your other world views?

I'd be rolling on the floor, slapping my hand to the ground, and laughing and laughing :)

Here is an mp3 that demonstrates why the Jesus of mythmaking is so laughably irrelevant.

http://www.LogicallyCritical.net/podcast/0...y%20Gesture.mp3

Please be warned that this talk is only for those who can take criticism without being offended.

Should i come out of the closet?

Only if you are gonna bring jesus with you, and what was he doin hiding in a closet anyways?

Which Jesus? Islamic Jesus, Mormon Jesus, Christian Jesus, atheist Jesus, etc, or you mean you finally came up with your own interpretation of Jesus that doesn't conflict with any of your other world views?

Actually, i have been grappling with how to integrate my belief in jesus into my anti religion anti dogma and ant- church belief system for a long time.

I believe i have experienced christ consciousness on numerous occasions prior to today, however, today i

"finally came up with your own interpretation of Jesus that doesn't conflict with any of your other world views?"

And it tookplace when i layed eyes on the most amaizing beautiful portrait of him ive ever seen. Ive never connected with/felt a piece of artwork like i just did with this painting... and it all unfolded, and it all makes sense to me now, and i feel nothing but love and compassion for the guy!

Only if you are gonna bring jesus with you, and what was he doin hiding in a closet anyways?

I think that he has been hiding in MY closet, just waiting for me to open the door.. or perhaps just waiting for me to be ready for him to introduce himself.

I dont know what the case is with everyone else, but im sure everyone on the planet has "their own, personal, jesus"

As for bringing him with me, in a way i feel he has always been there, and that it really has just been about acceptance and shedding fear.

NO i will not adhere to any religious dogmatic practice/scripture/understanding of who/what jesus is.

YES i will introduce you to him....but only when i am ready to facilitate such things, and only if YOU ASK ME TOO.

NO i will not adhere to any religious dogmatic practice/scripture/understanding of who/what jesus is.

If you don't 'adhere' to any of those ways of understanding then you are simply inventing a new way - and that in essence makes the concept of "Jesus" meaningless. You may as well call him "Bill" and draw your own portrait and create a whole new faith system around it.

I was in a similar quandary some time ago, and I still know that what I believed in was God all the way along, but organised religion was acting as a poison in my personal relationship with God.

I think the real issue is whether you believe in God or not, and if you do then the only way that makes sense is to be a rational monotheist. Images, historical information, rituals are all the inventions of men.

Discard all the rubbish including any pre or post conceived ideas of "Jesus" which are irrelevant to your life ultimately.

Embrace God and monotheism but be able to justify and verify what you believe.

Embrace God and monotheism but be able to justify and verify what you believe.

i was laughin at you before you found him.

C'mon ({E}),

Actually, i have been grappling with how to integrate my belief in jesus into my anti religion anti dogma and ant- church belief system for a long time.

What are you talking about mate? What do you believe about Jesus?

You believe he existed?

That he was a prophet?

That he performed all the miracles?

That he was the son of God?

apart from the first one, which shouldn't in itself make jesus (the historical figure) any more significant than any other nice guy who died horribly, all of those a reliant on belief in religion to make any sense at all and are opposite to the belief system you claim to have.

It seems you've had some kind of an epiphany ({E}) but you need to explain what you mean dude, at least to me...

I'll become a member of the congregation if Billianity takes off

It's a shame you weren't at EGA this year. There was a guy called Jesus there. You could have saved some time and met him then.

But seriously, I agree with the 'Bill' comment. The images of Jesus that you have seen are all constructs of man. The stories are either distortions or fabrications. Jesus is simply a symbol for something divine. Yes, you could call him Bill. Or, you could simply not attach any labels to what you know inside to be real, and just experience the 'truth'.

I dont know what the case is with everyone else, but im sure everyone on the planet has "their own, personal, jesus"

then how come there arent any pictures of girl jesuii

Edited by komodo

And it tookplace when i layed eyes on the most amaizing beautiful portrait of him ive ever seen. Ive never connected with/felt a piece of artwork like i just did with this painting... and it all unfolded, and it all makes sense to me now, and i feel nothing but love and compassion for the guy!

It sounds more like you found the meaning of art :lol:

then how come there arent any pictures of girl jesuii

Example 1

Example 2

Maby you shouldnt view those at work or infront of children trained to be repulsed by the human body :wink:

auxin ohhh now i understand where ws was coming from... i too had an emotional reaction to those hot pics of jesus

wandjina with you on that one, today jesus would prob be under investigation for terrorism in aus: sedition, incitement against the government, and to top it off he's a beardo

Edited by komodo

Quite sexy that girl jesus but the SM factor creeps me out...

i think Jesus is for masochists

which isn't me

but I know what you're on about, i did believe in Jesus when I was approx 10 years old or so...

how romantic that was...

first you believe in Santa Claus and the easter Bunny

later it's Jesus

but really it's all the same crap...

Well ive gauged peoples feelings on this one, and i guess i better just spurt outmy thoughts on it all, as ive had a full day to start integrating thismornings experience.

So here goes, bare with me on this one.

(disclaimer, i am using jesus as a non sexual entity, so idont imply it is a he or a she, but that being a male, i have experienced it as he, as he is the aspect of ME that i am exploring)

We are all jesus, we are all the son of god, and we all have the capacity to return to the state of unisen with humanity and divinity....

The whole christ consciousness is basically 'stepping into the light' of the divinity and 'wholeness' of 'being' which is in essence our birth right.

The lesson of jesus is one of complete humility, compassion, acceptance and forgiveness... of yourself, of those whom hurt you and of humanity.... in short 'unconditional love'

For me religion has gone wrong in trying to control, define and dictate christ consciousness (or part thereof) and for me the historical, finer details, really are quite unneccessary... I guess its all about the experience, and one that is so holistic, wholesome and fulfilling, that it is very much eneffable.

Sor me the whole 'crucifiction' is basically a lesson in unconditional love. an embodiement of spirit through becoming 'at one' with the impermenence of it all... And being able to see just how fucked up humans and humanity are, and being able to see the beauty over-riding all of it.

The burden of awareness is that it is all your own, and you can only ever hope to impart a parting glimpse or impression of 'what it is all about', 'whats REALLY going on'.

The print was a gateway to the realisation of this in myself... A divine sign sent to trigger off the realisation (or rather remembering) of the accumulative experience that i have, and hopefully will continue to have, that is the peace of surrender to love.

My experience today was one of 'interfaith integration' in that i was able to accept and completely onnect to the existance, teachings, and experience of jesus, well and truly outside of the realm of conventional belief systems and religion.

:wub::wacko:

amen to that :)

Oh, and on the subject of unconditional love...It's funny how people say that they have unconditional love for their children, but hate so-and-so. What they are saying is that they will love a person on the condition that the person in question is their offspring. Therefore this does not fit the definition for unconditional love. The only truly unconditional love is the Christian type of love.

Really it doesn't matter whether Christ existed, or whether he really practiced unconditional love. The fact is that it is a great state of mind to aspire to. Whether you call yourself a Buddhist, or a Christian or assign no label to yourself, if you can give that kind of love, or allow yourself to be open to that kind of love, that is truly wonderful.

Guest Warrioe-Sage

- the second coming of Christ

People are journeying to the Christ within through having finally tuned up the viberations of their consciousnes to function strongly in the fourth dimension, the realm of radiation, of warmth and attraction, of love - the realm wherein Christ moves and links with us

The way of Love, the Christ, the Founder of religions, the dweller in the fourth dimension, the world of the heart.

The only truly unconditional love is the Christian type of love.

I'll restrain myself from poking fun at the large condition you put on the unconditional :P but I wonder, how do you figure its only christians that can develop this virtue?

This is what should be done

By one who is skilled in goodness,

And who knows the path of peace:

Wishing: In gladness and in safety,

May all beings be at ease.

Whatever living beings there may be;

Whether they are weak or strong, omitting none,

The great or the mighty, medium, short or small,

The seen and the unseen,

Those living near and far away,

Those born and to-be-born —

May all beings be at ease!

So with a boundless heart

Should one cherish all living beings;

Radiating kindness over the entire world.

Mangled for brevity, and not derived from christianity in any way- many religions have developed 'unconditional love'.

yep, the only condition im placing on unconditional love, is that its truly unconditional.

unconditional love, conditional to unconditionality.

'there are many many paths to the heart, never one the same, but all with the same outcome.... home'

(roughly paraphrased from rumi)