The Corroboree
_e_

Australia becomes Military playground.

Please see this important message from film maker, David Bradbury.

Dear Folks,

Next May/June will see Australia host the largest military exercises

we've ever had in peacetime. Talisman Sabre 07.

Twelve thousand Australian soldiers and nearly l4,000 US troops and

sailors will take place in bombarding our shores and fragile landscape,

storming our beaches, gunning down 'terrorists' in the newly built

urban guerilla warfare training centre, testing their latest laser

guided missiles and 'smart' bombs in some of the most pristine

wilderness I've ever seen on this planet - and in 30 years of making

films, I've seen a lot of this planet.

Idyllic Shoalwater Bay near Rockhampton will cop it all - live aerial

bombing, ship to shore naval firings, underwater depth charges exploded

in areas where turtles and dugong breed, nuclear subs using high level

sonar frequency which zaps the hearing of sea life and

mammals, nuclear

aircraft carriers inside the so-called Great Barrier Reef marine

national park (!), land based artillery firings blasting the hell out

of

areas where the most amazing biodiversity in Australia is to be found.

(Shoalwater Bay covers 740,000 hectacres and is almost unique in our

climatic landscape because it is a cross over point for tropical, sub

tropical and temperate zones giving rise to an amazing variety of many

species of flora and wildlife, birds,sea creatures etc).

Anyone who has seen Al Gore's film has to ask why are we allowing such

madness to take place and wanton misuse of resources to further add to

the huge level of CO2 put up into the atmosphere in exercises such as

these at a time when we all should be combining forces in the War for

Our Survival.

These live munitions actions at Shoalwater Bay will run

simultaneously

with US bombing runs by Stealth, B1 and B52 bombers (just one B52

bomber

carries 30 tonnes of bombs -needs three semi trailers to load it up

with

its bombload...) from Guam to drop their live payload from 5 kilometres

high on Delamare bombing range near Katherine NT and live fire

exercises

involving many Abrams tanks rumbling across the landscape at Bradshaw

tank range (surrounded by Bradshaw national park south of Darwin,

target

practising on country against the wishes of the senior Aboriginal

elders, custodians of that country...).

These military exercises and their coordination in both states will be

beamed live via satellite from tiny cameras on the tanks, bombers,

landing craft, army commanders's lapels etc to the coordinating War

Room at Newcastle where the US and Australian generals will call the

shots of what is fired

next. Son of Star Wars has arrived in Australia!

I don't know how you feel about that, but I am still disgusted that

Australia supports the US so sycophantically in this bullshit War on

Terror. Our unholy crusade at the latest count had 653,000 innocent

people in Iraq killed-even if its half this number comprehensively and

methodically counted number, its still a national and immoral disgrace

that we have lent our name and support to such a huge number of

innocent

people murdered in our nation's name.

Next year's Talisman Sabre exercises are a con for blatant continuing

militarism of a similar vein post Afghanistan and Iraq. We are now

about

to pollute our own most pristine areas, far away from the centres of

population by letting the US military test their latest weapons here.

There are big plans by British Aerospace and the other

arms

manufacturers to quietly turn the depressed Rockhampton area into a big

arms manufacturing industrial estate. So not only will we export our

soldiers who are the best there is to adventurist wars overseas, we are

about to see an explosion in Australia manufacturing and exporting

weapons of war.

Not particularly drawn to military phrases, we have to 'draw a line in

the sand' and say when 'enough is enough'. Its time my friends, to

stop this madness and our complicity in it.

With a view to oppose these exercises, a group of people from around

Australia with peace activist credentials had a phone link up yesterday

and spoke for an hour about our willingness to combine forces and

oppose

these exercises. We will link with activist residents of Shoalwater Bay

(Yeppoon and Byfield) that we made contact with last year during

Talisman Sabre

We plan to put on a big concert at Yeppoon and have people come from

all

over Australia to take part in that concert and choose, if they wish,

to

be part of non violent actions to oppose the war and Australia's

involvement in such wars.

Through my contact with musicians like Paul Kelly, Midnight Oil

(friends

from University days), John Butler, Deborah Conway, Robyn Archer, Kev

Carmody and actors Judy Davis, Geoffrey Rush, Sam Neill, Bryan Brown,

we

intend to put on a big concert which will spill into the evening with

relevant films and speakers to raise awareness of just what Australia

has signed up for with this new secret treaty then Defence Minister

Robert Hill and Foreign Minister Alexander Downer signed with Rumsfeld

and Powell back in July 2004. It is that secret treaty which is

allowing

the Americans to come here and do what they

want -without so much as an

environmental impact study being done before or after the exercises.

We need people in communities right along the eastern seaboard to be

actively involved in this campaign to build awareness amongst your

local

communities and to take on the role of being local coordinators as the

campaign builds over the next six months, to help with the logistics of

organising people to come by bus, peace train, cars, planes to be there

in June for that concert and weekend leading into week of actions. Some

people with work or other commitments will only be able to come for a

few days, perhaps the weekend. No matter. We have to send a BIG message

to the rest of our apathetic and many indifferent Australians and the

government that this is not on any more.

Please look at this website and subscribe to it to keep generally

informed of

what is happening, how to link up people in your local

community if you want to help make this peace convergence a BIG event.

www.peaceconvergence.com

If you would like to be part of the actual organising (that's why I'm

emailing you now in the hope thereof...) please email Dimity Hawkins

from MAPW (Medical Association for the Prevention of War)

[email protected]

and ask her to put you on the list for organising. That way you will be

told when the next national phone link up is happening and other

important info to let folks in your respective communities know over

the

coming months as we seek to build awareness and a 'buzz' about being

at the Talisman Sabre peace concert etc. But we want people who will

DO,

not just talk about it.

Okay, thanks for reading this and taking it on board

hopefully in a world

where we all have incredible demands on our time and stress,

yours sincerely,

David Bradbury

Becca Dakini

Submerge Chill Festival

www.submergechillfestival.com

<[email protected]>

Thats absolutely disgusting. If Howard gets back in power again next election I am seriously thinking about leaving this country.

Unfortunately the only way I can see of stopping the 'exercise' is by a mass storming of the live fire ranges by areas by hundreds of protesters acting as human shields.

Protests unfortunately achieve very little. The government does not give a fuck of what activists think.

So how do people get involved in trying to stop this.
If you would like to be part of the actual organising (that's why I'm

emailing you now in the hope thereof...) please email Dimity Hawkins

from MAPW (Medical Association for the Prevention of War)

[email protected]

and ask her to put you on the list for organising. That way you will be

told when the next national phone link up is happening and other

important info to let folks in your respective communities know over

the

coming months as we seek to build awareness and a 'buzz' about being

at the Talisman Sabre peace concert etc.

I'd guess there will also be convergence group meetings ocurring in most cities, perhaps check your local indymedia?

LOL, looks like we feel the same sentiment DOM only you felt it first.. hehe..

sigh, what can you do really

go shoot howard someone

shhh...can't they still hang you for saying that?

shhh...can't they still hang you for saying that?

Nah, just lock you in a room for 48 hours and beat seven kinds of shit outta you.

Nah, just lock you in a room for 48 hours and beat seven kinds of shit outta you.

Seriously this kinda light hearted talking about what they can do is the shit that's gonna get u locked up and beaten up.. YOU MUST FEAR THEM! and if u don't they'll make you fear them.. Buahahahahaha!

And seriously this is fucked up! not suprising though... unfortunately.

Man I Hate politicians. Seriously it's this shit that incites peaceful hippies to riot. Its so pathetic that protests acheive nothing. We'll have this concert.. We'll hold hands in solidarity, we'll feel good that famous people are speaking out, we'll pat ourselves on the back.. and we'll feel better for having our voice heard.. and then we'll just have to sit back and let it all happen.

I mean.. are there any real reasons for these war games? Must we see again and again how good we are at blowing shit up.. Sureley that warground Iraq was a good enough place to experiment with weapons.

I'd say that this is a direct attack against activists and conservationists and hippies that love the environment, to damage such pristine environment seems almost like cruel and unusual punishment to lovers of nature.

It's all these acts against us.. when they have swat teams descend from helicopters into peaceful doof parties and such.. It is like a direct msg to the grassroots alternative peeps "Don't try to change this.. we are the law makers fucker!"

mm I dunno bout this hippie thing.

Coersion works, If you're the tough guy, you will have your way.. Our meditating and bongo drummin and trancin out seems to do little to stop this, and to have some kind of violent resistance goes againts hippie dogma.. But how do we fight back dammit? I mean if we fight back that's just what THEY want!....

*Rumble*

it's a continuation of the implementation of training exercises to establish martial law in Australia (where the military with unlimited firepower will eventually police the streets instead of police) happening under the agenda controlled and being implemented by the Novus Ordo Seclorum. A recent martial law training exercise was also conducted via FEMA in New Orleans during the 'Floods' where dams were purposelly sabotaged to make the disaster 10 times worse and thus make it an exercise to view human behaviour in martial law situations (murder, rape, looting, and gang violence was frequent in the football stadium makeshift safehouses for survivors). Various other martial law demo runs have been utilised as seen in East Timor, and the more recent Pacific Island implementation of Australian troops policing the island illegally out of jurisidiction.

Additionally it has also begun locally beginning out in the form of spies (reminiscent of the Cold War and Nazi War days). The other example I'm talking about here is the news alongside the SA government announcement that they police, government and courts want to have unlimited access to the mass array of CCTV cameras, in Adelaide. A further proposal was announced that specially trained bouncers would act as public security guard 'police', informing police immediately of suspicious people who look like 'terrorists' in Adelaide. In addition the security guards jobs would be to report all and ANY minor crime seen taking place to police immediately.

In further news the Pentagon has been exposed as illegally creating an 'Anti-War' database targetting, profiling and spying on primarily anti-war protestors.

Edited by SaBReT00tH

I mean we must need this right? Because everyday I read in the papers australia's about to be invaded...and all those millions of people dying each day because of terrorists - especially in queensland where countless Al Quaeda camps are surely focussed near Bundaberg. I really think spending a few million tax payers dollars will help this. Im pretty sure the phenomenal amount of training the US military already does on various shorelines and nature resevers around the world is not enough practice - and Im certain the realtime war tests in Iraq, Timor and Afghanistan are still not enough. And of course the millions spent on computer simulation training is all really just video games for RnR right? Those conditions are all too easy and soft for the gun nuts. No, they need to take out the tough Rockhampton front!! Blitzkreig!!

Man I can't afford a house... I pay half my wage in tax so some young punk in a uniform can fire rockets at dugongs or watch me on a CCTV while muching a donut. They think they are protecting us, but actually they are eating away our future...or should I say blowing it away. Thats not protection of a country or its people - its protection of their own interests and the growth models of economics that fuel it. If the government and military reallyt wanted to protect us they would empower US not the U.S.

These sort of multi country military tests and conventions are happening in other regions of the world too and will only increase in frequency. If you dont think we're living in a global one world economic state, go to some of the poorest countries on earth and you will likely still find guns, a coke machine, bank and a petrol station. See a picture developing? Oh hangn on, its already been developed in the dark room - time to tear it up and begin a new human story methinks...

Edited by botanika

Yeah, if the wasted taxpayer money (spent on Anti-terrorism drills, surveillance, brochures and all that other bullshit) was put into providing food for starving people in these muslim third world countries then they would have no reason to have nothing to live for 'by being suicide bombers' and the world would be a better place.

Exactly, i think i read somewhere 24000 people die each day from starvation around the world. The statistics of people actually affected by terrorism is comparitively low so u have to ask 'where are our priorities and why are these monitoring and laws such a priority?' My guess is that freedom will increasingly become a big business comodity not a basic human right.

Edited by botanika

it's a continuation of the implementation of training exercises to establish martial law in Australia (where the military with unlimited firepower will eventually police the streets instead of police) happening under the agenda controlled and being implemented by the Novus Ordo Seclorum. A recent martial law training exercise was also conducted via FEMA in New Orleans during the 'Floods' where dams were purposelly sabotaged to make the disaster 10 times worse and thus make it an exercise to view human behaviour in martial law situations (murder, rape, looting, and gang violence was frequent in the football stadium makeshift safehouses for survivors). Various other martial law demo runs have been utilised as seen in East Timor, and the more recent Pacific Island implementation of Australian troops policing the island illegally out of jurisidiction.

Additionally it has also begun locally beginning out in the form of spies (reminiscent of the Cold War and Nazi War days). The other example I'm talking about here is the news alongside the SA government announcement that they police, government and courts want to have unlimited access to the mass array of CCTV cameras, in Adelaide. A further proposal was announced that specially trained bouncers would act as public security guard 'police', informing police immediately of suspicious people who look like 'terrorists' in Adelaide. In addition the security guards jobs would be to report all and ANY minor crime seen taking place to police immediately.

In further news the Pentagon has been exposed as illegally creating an 'Anti-War' database targetting, profiling and spying on primarily anti-war protestors.

Sorry I am labelling this as tripe until you back it up with references.

Sorry I am labelling this as tripe until you back it up with references.

On an intuitive level im going to stand behind Sabretooths EDIT: 'sentiment', however agree the specific examples are a bit sketchy.

I really dont need any 'references' or 'proof' to be clear in my mind that this stuff, AND MORE, is, has and will continue to happen until the current 'state' of 'authoritarian doctatorship' is over run.

Apothecary, what makes you think that all the fucked up nasty shit thats going on stops where the public eye can no longer peer.

The sheer volume of similiar things we already know about, really pints towards an even greater and more disconcerting volume of stuff we dontknow about and never will.

for me, Human experience is my indicator on such issues, and their is a welath of human experience pointing towards such scenarios being 'the way' for 'the man/powers that be'.

Ive seen and experienced things that will never believed because there is no hard physical evidence, however, just because such things arent tangible to the mass's doesnt mean their not tangible and very very real to those whom have experienced them.

I think the fact that 'the man' can get away with what he can within the sphere of public awareness, points towards a scary scenario whereby their is very little they cant, wont and arent doing behind the black veil!

Edited by ({E})

Seriously? You actually buy that? Why?

it's a continuation of the implementation of training exercises to establish martial law in Australia (where the military with unlimited firepower will eventually police the streets instead of police) happening under the agenda controlled and being implemented by the Novus Ordo Seclorum.
Ok let's all assume for a moment this is true. The New World Order is preparing to overtake the world and requires all their little henchmen to begin training to herd the sheep.
A recent martial law training exercise was also conducted via FEMA in New Orleans during the 'Floods' where dams were purposelly sabotaged to make the disaster 10 times worse and thus make it an exercise to view human behaviour in martial law situations (murder, rape, looting, and gang violence was frequent in the football stadium makeshift safehouses for survivors).

I don't even know where to begin on this one. Do you actually mean dams, or do you mean levees? If you mean dams, then I require simple visual proof you can provide by looking at Google Earth or whatever.

If you meant levees, then I think you will find that even the New World Order would've had some difficulty sabotaging already unmaintained and inadequate levees that were reported this way by NO engineers and meteorologist about a month before Katrina hit.

All the levees were destroyed or flooded. And you're telling me that if it wasn't for the New World Order, things wouldn't have been as bad? Hurricane Katrina wasn't strong enough to destroy levees on her own?

Various other martial law demo runs have been utilised as seen in East Timor, and the more recent Pacific Island implementation of Australian troops policing the island illegally out of jurisidiction.
As far as I recall, East Timor hasn't been in a state of martial law since 1999.

Regardless, Australian police officers have only been sent overseas at the request of the other governments, imo the job they do over there is excellent and extremely useful.

Or, E and Sabretooth, would you have preferred this:

On Tuesday, more than 1,000 people converged on the capital escorted by peacekeeping troops demanding Prime Minister Alkatiri's resignation.

http://www9.sbs.com.au/theworldnews/region...09&region=2

To be without any peacekeeping troops and the protesters sent into the city alone?

Additionally it has also begun locally beginning out in the form of spies (reminiscent of the Cold War and Nazi War days).
Not even sure what this means exactly. You seem to think that governments stopped spying after the WW2 and Cold War? And now they're starting back up?
The other example I'm talking about here is the news alongside the SA government announcement that they police, government and courts want to have unlimited access to the mass array of CCTV cameras, in Adelaide.

So? I'm still failing to see the conspiracy here. Maybe I didn't put enough tinfoil in my hat.

There is no expectation (legally, morally or ethically) of privacy in public places.

As far as I recall, all the new Adelaide CCTV stuff was simply the result of a report requested to discover any new high priority areas/coverage gaps.

2 seconds of research confirms this:

This comes as a multi-agency Review of CCTV in Public Places Working Group has completed a report ordered by Premier Mike Rann more than 12 months ago into what CCTV coverage exists and where there might be priority gaps.
http://theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,2...5006787,00.html
A further proposal was announced that specially trained bouncers would act as public security guard 'police', informing police immediately of suspicious people who look like 'terrorists' in Adelaide. In addition the security guards jobs would be to report all and ANY minor crime seen taking place to police immediately.

Are you saying bouncers are "spying" on citizens in public areas?

They've been exposed? Prove it? Do you mean the new analysis software they secretly bought to determine if people were terrorists or not?

I am pretty sure this primarily targets people with the name Mohammed.

ok, ive edit'd my original post.

I guess my stance on this is pretty similiar to that of the recent stuart wilde discussion.

I agree in principal (again on an intuitive level i pick up on a lot of 'this sort of stuff going down') however, i dont neccessarily feel that the specific examples that are being used do the siutation justice.

Overall i agree, but the devil is in the details.

Ill go in deeper on this one when i have the time and space that i just dont have right this instant.

Yeah look I'm not denying that there is an abuse of power and some people are doing some bad shit, but irrational and unfounded conspiracy claims do about as much good as a hole in the head.

I dont think they want marshall law - just money and leadership of those expanding markets or budgets (security, data collection, terror response training etc).

Whatever's happening around us, we are all part of it. We have a right to be annoyed if our tax dollars are spent on things that may not be a wholistic priority but at the same time we haven't learnt how to bite the hand that feeds us. If you put petrol in your car, watch the media, buy a mass manufactured product - your fuelling the system just as much as any alleged 'tryranical' government or corporation. As Jack Nicholson said in The Departed, 'no-one is given it - we all have to take it'. Some people take better than others and that is survival of the fittest in action.

The current language of the worlds leaders and military is ultimately economics, not conspiracy.

The top controlling organisations and the poor helpless beggars on the street both want the same thing: money.

Edited by botanika