The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
_e_

Aaaaaarggghhh!

:BANGHEAD2::angry::ana:

Major rant warning!

WTF!! We have been royally fucked over by British Air, Norway....

we were TOLD our bookings had been changed (after a week of constant negotiations some 3 weeks ago)

The fuckwits never changed our booking, and our flight has already left!!!

We rang up today, because we noticed our new itinerary hadnt been emailed to us, and had an exceptionally rude, arrogant cocky Norweigian PRICK tell us 'you cannot con us, you must have a good imagination to think we are stupid enough to let u have free tickets'

He actually was rude enought o monitor incomming calls and answer calls from three different family members in regards to the issue, wouldnt tell us his name, wouldnt give us to another operator, and wouldnt put me onto a supervisor. He also hung up on us after telling us we were liars.

Free ticket? WTF we paid well over 6k for our tickets, and YOUR PEOPLE TOLD US THEY HAD CHANGED THE BOOKINGS.... ARRRGGHHHH

I spent 45 minutes tlking to a nice young lady whom SAID she had changed our tickets, and that our booking reference would remain the same.. We were SUPPOSED to be flying out of Oslo for Australia on the morning of the 3rd of December.

Now we have no money, no air tickets (which had costs us a pretty penny mind you) and BA NORWAY IS DENYING ANY WRONG DOING AND WE HAVE NO PROOF

The only proof we have is a phone record that shows the dates and times of the conversations... The operator who specifically answeres our calls NOW having viewed our number will not allow us to speak to anyone else, and is consistently being rude and agressive.

WTF CAN WE DO?

BA NORWAY- :wave-finger::wave-finger::wave-finger::slap::slap::uzi:

Edited by ({E})

Rediculous.

Call up from a different number, as soon as someone answers immediately demand to speak to their manager.

Talk to the manager.

Do it as soon as possible.

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you guys...fucken hell! :ana:

Apoth is right, call from another number and demand to speak to a manager from word go.

sending good vibes your way in the hope that this is sorted ASAP :wub:

We just called from a mobile and spent half an hour tlking t a different operator AND a supervisor.

The supervisor has agreed to file a report on the conduct of HAROAD, which will be given to more senior management on monday.

The supervisor also was able to give me the name of the operator whom said she had changed our bookings 3 weeks ago.

now i have to call first thing monday, speak with the operator, and HOPE she remembers me and can shed some light on why the booking wasnt changed even tho she told us it had been.

At present it looks like we have to buy new flights to thailand, but we have no money, so fingers crossed this operator is honest enough to put herself ont he line in order to get us home for xmas...

Its crazy how one rotten fish can make an unfortunate situation so much harder to deal with.

I guess in these situations you gotta just chuck positivity back into the black hole, so HAROAD-

Your a lowsy git who should have a job that doesnt involve human interaction, however, im sure you just dont get enough lovn... soooo

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: HAROAD :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

some more positive vibes headed your way!!!

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Hi ({E}),

sorry to hear your having so many Problems with your flight. Try to be as calm as you can though shouting would be an appropriate way to feel better. Try to speak only to the highest persons you can get on the phone and always try to stay polite and calm but very direct. Don´t care what they are telling you about negotiations.Id only speak to the persons who can make decisions themselves. Everything else will cost you time! I can feel you but unfortunately It doesnt helps you any further. I hope you´ll get this mess handled soon! bye EG

Edited by Evil Genius

thanx for the supporting energy everyone.

I actually have an incredibally soft, polite and overtly diplomatic phone persona...

Im only shouting, venting and ranting HERE... so appologies to all for that!.

I just wish it was monday already.. the waiting is going to kill me.

The biggest problem we have, is that as our tickets were E tickets, we have no proof of the conversation at hand, and BA has already lost out by sending 2 empty seats half way accross the world on two individual flights.

It really is a big fuck up on their behalf, and for the most part i can appreciate these things happen, we just didnt expect to be abused and ridiculed when we took the issue up with them.

Hopefully my message got through to the supervisor today, and the operator in question is as honest and helpfull as she was when first we spoke. I guess it must all come down to a silly human error like pressing an enter button on her screen to confirm the booking.

Its funny how these highly advanced technological systems have such obvious flaws in the human elements.

Perhaps if we were able to do it all online in the first place this wouldnt have happened?

Or perhaps E tickets are just too risky as u never have it in paper to proove it.

Anway, im doing my best to stay calm and collected, i have faith and trust in the whacky universe and its whacky ways, just very little in HUMANS.

Ohh, and the Irony of the situation is that my comprehensive travel insurance (which was very expensive mind you) ran out about a month ago... pretty funny huh!

Edited by ({E})

When you call on Monday, whoever you speak to, just keep saying the words "I've spoken to your supervisor about this".

It works wonders.

You are too nice, personally I would have caused an utter shitstorm.

Hope it all works out for you.

if you can, try and get a solid record of everything that has happened, including the dates, phone records, the complaint about haraod, etc. Try to get things in writing. Little notes here and there. If they deny you in the end then you can go to consumer affairs and present your case. But you need lots of details for this. Airlines rely on good publicity and will often change their tune if they smell a 'noisy' pissed off customer.

File your complaint in writing. always include all matters previously discussed. ie, write them a letter and detail all issues dicussed in your conversatiosn so far. send the letter registered mail. Even if you don't use it for legal purposes, THEY are aware that you could. Email is not the best alternative, but better than nothing. in fact, it is better than phone, so stop dealing with them via phone and start emailing.

Give the airline some leeway re the dates too if you can. They have hotels in thailand, so tell them they can fly you there any day they like [before the due date] as long as they put you up in the hotel until your onward flight. this is often cheaper for them than to give up a higher paying seat on the specific day.

even if you don't get your free flight now, there is no reason why you can't continue the fight and get one next year. hence the paperwork.

good luck.

It makes me wonder that things like this can happen today. I thought we´re living in a modern age. Ive never heard about etickets but thanks for the warning! It looks like they really are crap! Its an awful feeling if you have to wait without knowing whats going to happen. I hope everything works out in the end. Btw, You should also think about making a new travel insurance though things like that usually aren´t happening twice in a row. These are warning signs....bye EG

I just wanted to point out that Torstens comment about taking records is very true. Don´t make any step without taking notes. Notice yourself the names of every person you are speaking to and keep it. Use their names if you are speaking to them! Sometimes It helps to reduce the anynomity! bye EG

Good luck I hope it works out, thats definately a scary and frustrating position to be in.

I had something similar although not quite so serious happen to me years ago, Karma had to pay me back in that instance.

Its all sorted (kind of)

We get new flights later on the same day, with a much longer stop over in heathrow (which sux) and as yet we have no vegan/vego/gluten free food.

We hope to get some kind of compensation once we are back in australia and can go through the whole consumer affairs process.

Had many more rude phone calls, and no appologies or even slight recognition of misconduct.

I persisted on the phone over and over again until they finally gave us some flights... I was told to 'have a nice life' heheheh.

fly by post just to let yas know. its all very hectic

thanx for all the warm vibes, see you next week. EnS

Great news. :)

Hi ({E}),

don´t pay the ferryman until he gets you to the other side.lol. Have a nice flight and enjoy your stay!

I´m surprised that these guys are so unfriendly though. What kind of Airline was it? I´ll put them on my Boycott List. bye EG