The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Botanist

Anyone heard about the "Iraki mountain poppy" ?

Guest Botanist

Hey mates !

I hope this time my topic will end up being in the right category... smile.gif

I (maybe)saw this plant in a film called "Steal the sky". If you have the possibility to look that particular film, I highly recommend it. It (the poppy) can be found in a scene taken at mountains.

It also is portrayed in a magazine called Tieteen Kuvalehti. Check out: www.tieteenkuvalehti.com.

Year of publish: 1986 (or 88) Number: can't recall.

If anyone of you know the botanical name for that poppy, please let me know !

With Regards,

------------------

Locos Cactis

i didn't find that site too read-able. might be best to find some of these poppies soon before they are bombed out of existence.

whilst on the topic- does anyone know where to get some blue meconopsis from within australia?

Guest Botanist

I'll try to scan the image, if I'll find the

topic anyway..

Maybe that would increase possibilities for it's identification.

------------------

Locos Cactis

Whole plants you mean WD? I got heaps of packs of seeds from Bunnings, but haven't been able to germinate any frown.gif

DL plants would be cool, seeds just as sweet. bunnings you say? are these horridula or betonicifolia? meant to be a difficult thing to grow, maybe it would be a lot easier if seeds were actually more available.

Email me yr snail, and I'll send you mine. Might be a bit late, even where you are. Betonicifolia.

Darklight, have you tried exposure to light after soaking, as with many other poppies? Well-drained compost was the only other thing I remember.

Guest reville

WD i can get you horridula (seeds). Im talking to someone at the moment. Ill owe you that for the mellisodora anyway.

Have you seen the NARG (North american rockgrowers association) seedlist?

drool... Corydalis, Meconopsis, all sorts

i'll get busy with the emails. rev, make a big noise if ever the corydalis ambigua shows up. the sal meliss is still smallish but i could risk sending it, i plan to have seeds later anywho. i'll also send some chilli and poppy seeds and stuff for the afsr.

Guest reville

Sure will WD.

Re the mellis. no hurry . seed is cool when it comes.

Ive had some inflammation in my leg lately at the joint so i made up a brew with Cinnamon, dates, pau d' arco, reishi, Asian cats claw, Tribulus and corydalis just on gut feeling

Works a treat. I take a cup twice a day and it soothes and hopefully 'cools' the immune response which was overreacting

The corydalis on its own is really nice, a 10g decoction is a relaxing brew. thats a medical dose - i havent tried higher yet

[This message has been edited by reville (edited 13 September 2002).]

rev, what type is your cory? and how does it compare to ambigua or yanhusuo - rumour or fact will do for a start.

I believe it is Corydalis turtschaninovii by the apearance of the tubers.

Guest reville

Sure did, I replied a coupla times and they bounced, so I sent you a snailey smile.gif

Oops, that was me impersonating Rev. I'm back to being me again smile.gif

which one of you is real and who is the alter ego? or is this a dressup thing? and thanks DL (i think).

got those meconopsis today DL, thanks most muchly. the seed packet also gives me info on where to get more so that's a good thing too.