The Corroboree
Chemakazi

EBA Reborn

It'll be back up soon. Hosting company is apparently being jerkish.

cool.

its been on and off for days, and i was really starting to wonder.

are all the old posts going to be made available?

I had some bookmarks to some of the cool cactus threads, and i am required to log in. i can't because i hadn't signed up to it. i even tried registering but debug mode is on and i can't.

cheers, Obtuse

Yes the database is intact and fine, it's the that webserver died.

Sorry, i meant the posts from www.ethnobotany-australia.net

there is gold in them there hills...

um, all links in the header work except 'plants & herbs' gom... or just me?... anyone?...

no, that's how i wanted it...

most of the stock in there I hadn't stocked for a couple of years...

right now I don't need a price list...

swapnsell is a much more convenient way to sell stuff right now...

you should try it sometimes, folks

Edited by gomaos

Hosting company had technical issues, it affected all sites hosted and not just eba.

Issue has been fixed and site is up again.

and now it's down again...

It seems to always be down.

I think i've connected to it three times since it was decided to keep it going.

Again, i offer my assistance in helping out if necessary.

cheers, Obtuse

I get a 'forbidden' error.

Been working fine for me the last few days, I get a 403 forbidden too, I'm guessing Chem is switching hosting providers in an attempt to rectify the issue (although I haven't had a chance to talk to him).

I get a 'forbidden' error.

I get the same message as Torsten when I try to access the site :(

Will keep trying till I give up haha :lol:

Hi

EBA was being moved to a new server, everything was going well until my computer shit itself. :(

Cant do much until i repair it so its just gonna have to wait, sorry everyone.

I know this is unlucky and unfortunate, but it is also ridiculous. If you had involved others at the time they offered this downtime could have been avoided. Apothecary has offered server space and his expertise time and time again yet months down the track EBA is not much better off than it was with eccles. Make no mistake, after all the hype of the reborn, group managed and secure EBA I think for many this would be the last straw and it will get exponentially harder for EBA to recover from these constant problems.

Don't get me wrong, your efforts are being appreciated very much, but they are kinda a waste of time if the results don't change.

Ridiculous that my pc died? ha ha he he hee. Excuse me torsten but where the fuck do you get off?

Lets get a few facts straight, i was moving the forum to a new server,i fail to see how anyone "assisting" could of helped. I will not give root access to any of my servers to anyone but myself nor would i expect anyone to give it to me. I host other websites on my server and im sure my clients would not be impressed if i gave out that access to other people. How many other people in this community have admin access (cpanel or root) to your forum Torsten? Your telling the story so list em.

How could a person setup the new webserver for me? The databases.. the imports.. the exporting.. The installation itself seeing as the forum was all custom done by myself? It wasnt some fucken point n click excersice. Because you pay for techs to do your stuff for you, i really fail to see how u can comprehend what is involved, sorta like a mechanic telling a nurse how to do their job aye. Fuck hypocrisy shits me to tears.

That said, i can really see how this community works now, its been a eye opener but better now than later. Dont need to worry about big brother elsewhere, we got our own.

I have a nice new powerbook laptop now but i wont be fixing EBA, nor will anybody be getting their hands on the countless hours of work i did. Quite frankly why should they?

I am over all this crap and i wont be returning, for me time is a valuable thing and i choose not to waste anymore with this "community".

Addios

Ridiculous that my pc died? ha ha he he hee. Excuse me torsten but where the fuck do you get off?

YOU drew on people's support, including mine and other people on this forum, NOT the other way round. It's not ridiculous that your PC died, it is ridiculous that you fuck around for months and months and haven't progressed one bit beyond the disaster eccles left.

Lets get a few facts straight, i was moving the forum to a new server,i fail to see how anyone "assisting" could of helped.

Apoth could have had this up on his server months ago. Maybe not as pretty, but who gives a fuck about pretty when it doesn't work.

I will not give root access to any of my servers to anyone but myself nor would i expect anyone to give it to me. I host other websites on my server and im sure my clients would not be impressed if i gave out that access to other people. How many other people in this community have admin access (cpanel or root) to your forum Torsten? Your telling the story so list em.

A tech does not need root access to set up the forums. I didn't for the first 5 years of the SAB forums [before I got my VPS] and neither does anyone else just hosting a domain.

As for server access to the forum, you said you would provide this to other people [incl apoth], so I am only going by what you promised. Are you saying you lied about that and that you never intended to give anyone else server access?

My forum has been going for 7 years or so and we've had our tech problems along the way, but none as preventable and destructive as what you have done. The EBA forum would have been better off if you hadn't gotten involved at all at least there would be a semi dead forum that eccles might eventually fix up. You lasted just long enough to let eccles off the hook.

Because you pay for techs to do your stuff for you, i really fail to see how u can comprehend what is involved, sorta like a mechanic telling a nurse how to do their job aye. Fuck hypocrisy shits me to tears.

I am only going by the promises you made to the community. Obviously you didn't mean them.

That said, i can really see how this community works now, its been a eye opener but better now than later. Dont need to worry about big brother elsewhere, we got our own.

Geez, can't find anyone to blame for your incompetence so blame me? Fine by me. Keeping in mind that I have no influence or connection to EBA at all I am intrigued by your rationale :scratchhead:

I am over all this crap and i wont be returning, for me time is a valuable thing and i choose not to waste anymore with this "community".

See, it was easy to tell that your attitude was heading this way for months, which is why there was no point in supporting EBA unless it was group managed [a point I have pushing for a while]. You were just getting off on the control you had over the life or death of that forum. The suggestion to put it in group admin was basically to prevent your petulant moodswings holding the EBA community hostage for months or years to come. You want appreciation, but for what? For wasting your own and everyone else's time?

Eccles might have let EBA die slowly, but you killed it.

This whole argument is dumb.

All we wanted from the start was a database dump.

I have a nice new powerbook laptop now but i wont be fixing EBA, nor will anybody be getting their hands on the countless hours of work i did. Quite frankly why should they?

Come on Chem, that's unfair.

A whole lot of people have donated both time and money to keep EBA going, not just yourself, and now it's gonna die because you're upset. The fact that your time was/is appreciated is shown time and again throughout this thread.

At least give Apothecary access to the data FFS.

ed

how is a single statement by torsten representative of 'the community' ?

oh, didn't you get the annual bribe I send out to all my mind controlled minions? :rolleyes:

Sorry if this has already been covered (I did read the thread, but am not that tech-savvy ), but is there a relatively easy way to make the old EBA info available as an archive only?

Also, if you change your mind Chemakazi, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that hopes you do, I can contribute some $ to the cause if it'll help.

so about this bribe... umm... could I get a couple of fifties in this lot please?

... err, I mean,

PLEASE MASTER?

:lol:

Well fuck it.

Looks like we are back to square one, but like I said from the very beginning, I am not giving up on this.

At the very least I will manage to somehow put EBA back online as an archive and host a complementary new forum.

Edited by apothecary