The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
synaesthesia

Ephedra Sinica Legality

Hi Guys its my first post here, although i have been viewing all the threads for quite a while now. Look ive just got a question.

Its about the legality of the dried herb Epherda Sinica in australia. Is it legal to buy, possess and even re sell in australia for use as a natural herbal redemdy to blocked noses etc.. ?

If it is i could probably sell some on Swap'n'sell.

Thanks for any info.

Not sure about growing E Sinica but I'm quite sure all dried Ephedra species are illegal to posess or use.

I think if you have a prescription, you can legally import.

Customs will almost assuredly intercept, and request a prescription. If you have one, they will release the product to you.

Check with Torsten on this before ordering half a kilo of ephedrine please.

get a script, then get a letter from your state health department and a letter from customs confirming that all is in order. if something goes wrong then at least you have written confirmation to take to court. Don't use email.

get a script, then get a letter from your state health department and a letter from customs confirming that all is in order. if something goes wrong then at least you have written confirmation to take to court. Don't use email.

he doesn't want to import it. He has it. he bought it somewhere in qld for cheap and now wants to sell it on swapnsell. I told him that i think epehdra contaning herbs where illegal to have.

yeah, my response was in regards to danemacca.

however, re the original post, I know that it is illegal to sell ephedra in several states, incl Qld and SA. Not sure about the others, but would presume they are the same.

I am not too sure about possession though.I'd need to look that up. The law would be in reference to the ephedrine content of ephedra rather than ephedra itself I believe.

Hey well i heard from the person that the dried ephedra herb had become legal again.... mmmm

legal or no someone handed me a bag of it just the other day saying they had purchased it from a legitimate shop...it has a bit more of a kick to it then coffee but its still a mild enough stimulant.