The Corroboree
_e_

whats the most potent cacti you've come accross?

A foaf recently encountered some INCREDIBALLY potent cacti.

The material was from the peruvian andes, and the only description available was 'san pedro'.

The material was so potent that it was noticably active at 2.5g dry weight (green flesh only) and completely 'trippy' at 5g, with 14hrs of solid effects, and 32 hrs of noticable duration.

Ive never ever encountered or heard of material existing at such a potency.

Granted the mother plants were hundreds of years old... But still, at 5g dry weight, this material seems to be more potent then peyote.

Has anyone ever heard of such potent cacti existing? Or should someone be buying me a ticket to peru so i can go and source seed? :lol:

Also, foaf said the experience was amaizingly smooth, clear and visual, reminiscent of more visual 'mescaline' trips as opposed to the more energetic phenethylamine cocktails experienced with many bridgesii varients.

Also, whilst it sounds too good to be true, the material actually tasted quite pleasant, more like green apples then the usual mouth turning bitter bombs.

Edited by ({E})

Hope you got a cutting.

B)

Bridgesii can be in that range of potency, as others have attested to, but something pachanoid in that range would be significant.

Cheers.

the "green apple taste" sounds a bit unlikely. potency = bitterness in most cases ,but hey, maybe those clever natives have got it sussed out. :worship:

That would have to be in the 4-5% range, I've only read the reference to Cruz Sanchez finding such levels, so they probably do exist.

Some bridgesii is quite edible with a fresh, crunchy texture.

This material was dry powder and small chips of skin and green flesh.

It was strangely pleasent to munch on, and despite all my other experiences, i could sit and chew the chips all day without being overcome by any really full on bitterness.. Sure it was bitter, just not in any way that made it unpleasant or unbearable as have been my experiences with cacti in the past.

I found a few small spines in the material, but no aeroles intact enough to look at spination as a method for i.d... The spines were really small, like a cm or two, but that still doesnt narrow it down that much.

It didnt 'feel' like bridgesii, and i would have thought it to be either some radically potent strain of pachanoi, or perhaps more likely T cuzcoensis...

There was absolutely no nausea or physical lethary associated with the material. And 5g was really quite a significant dose and experience, with most people saying they would only dose higher if totally prepared .

I take it this wasn't from Icaros.

Is this from an on-line vendor? Hope not. Man, this source would blow away the competition. Easy availability of this strength is when the law'll get interested.

Nope, not from Icaro.

A friend did a recon mission, starting off at the 'san pedro markets' and ending up at another destination in the mountains with the people responsible for working with this material.

This was definately a 'one off' in terms of availability, however id love to source some seed so it can be distributed and grown.

Im considering a mission to Peru mid next year (depending on flowering times) and am hoping to track down the source of the material (plant wise) so that i may collect seed and pollen.

Hey ({E}), I was in Peru in January and the pedros were flowering in various areas, such as these at the site of Chavin de Huantar... good luck on your search for the uber-potent!

Wow,

awesome pics, thanx for sharing :)

Those are the Chavin Pedros?

I always wondered what they looked like.

Do you have any photos of the surrounding area, just out of curiosity? Shaman caves and such? :lol:

What do people have to say about that one? How much chance is there that that amazing thing looks like one a Chavin would have used?

Here are some pics around Chavin (and one of the Cordillera Blanca)... notice the australian eucalypts! Chavin is a magical place... I wonder, too, what cactus they would have used back then. I guess a lot has changed in 3000 years. The energy is certainly very real and present though, and I'm sure these remaining cacti would have absorbed some of the Chavin magic. I didn't see any shaman caves mind you... unless you mean inside the temple :wink: I didn't have a camera with me at that point (and some things just can't be captured on film). Anyway, I don't want to sidetrack this thread too much... glad you liked the photos.

post-1521-1157211257_thumb.jpg

post-1521-1157211346_thumb.jpg

post-1521-1157211541_thumb.jpg

post-1521-1157211596_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah it looks like a bridge with heaps of ribs...sooooo :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: worthy

Nevermind about sidetracking, pretty much every thread on SAB ends up on a tangent sooner or later :P

When I said caves, I heard that there are manmade shelters/natural caves often in the mountains above settlements where shamen used to go to recharge their energies...the photos you posted are just as stunning though, thanks for sharing!

I'll be sure to ask someone about the caves when I - most likely - go back in January :drool: . Although since all the energy of the valley is directed right into the heart of the temple complex (the 'axis mundi'/Lanzon), I'm sure the shamans were fairly charged most of the time B)

To be honest, I haven't really grokked what the Chavin were doing there 3000 years ago, with a whole civilisation built around the San Pedro cactus/Huachuma and rites of love, ascension and transformation; something I can feel somewhere but that I can't yet wrap my mind around. I mean, like, wow :excl: the carvings, the layout of the temple, the energy, the sheer magic and wonder of the place is truly spell-binding... and they were actually there, living that way for over 1000 years, a society held together by their teacher, Huachuma. Respect!

But anyways, according to plan, since I'll be going back and at the same time as last year... I assume those plants will be in flower again. Can someone give me some pointers as to how to collect seed, as I am relatively new to this whole 'I love cactus' thing and have yet to investigate about seeds. I'd really like to bring some home and get them started...

Any tips, instructions and pointers will be greatly appreciated... thanks,

Micro

Ive never ever encountered or heard of material existing at such a potency.

People don't tend to believe it even when they hear of it.

this material seems to be more potent then peyote.

That is not so unheard of, but in a way it like like comparing apples to oranges.

Also, whilst it sounds too good to be true, the material actually tasted quite pleasant, more like green apples then the usual mouth turning bitter bombs.

That I have never heard of.

Edited by Archaea

Well, it's the cactus surface supposed to contain more alkaloids? Wouldn't this explain the potency per weight?

i have never seen much to say that is true....seems like speculation. i could see in a way as the inner core is more woody and used for water/nute transport. the flesh is pretty watery, and the skin seems less watery.

but i dont see anything giving any good reason why the dark green is better than the light.

Come on guys? It's been proven time and time again that the green layer just below the waxy flesh has MUCH more chemical content then the white inner core which has almost nothing.

Trichocereus cacti do exist which are extremely potent. These are the clones we need to propagate.

Check out the back out Mr.Trout's book on San Pedro, it has an analysis of the green flesh of Trichocereus cacti.

Like I said... it's not speculation, it's PROVEN that the green layer is more potent!

i haven't read his book, does it test the different areas of a single cactus?

i haven't read his book, does it test the different areas of a single cactus?

It mentions a few different tests done by different ppl Kada. one parts states -

"Less" does not mean that there is no alkaloid in the white tissue beneath it (photosynthetic layer). All eveidence suggests that ther is ample alkaloid contained in these parts. It is also likely there is even less in the central vascular bundle and core itself. - Trouts notes on san pedro and related Trichocereus species, Sacred cacti 3rd edition part B. page 270

So really, dismissing the white portion under the green flesh is a rather foolish notion imo, the inner core on the other hand is near devoid of alkaloid.

Is there any consensus on what the most consistently potent Aussie clone is?

Has been testing done but imo is inconclusive due to the many factors involved that includes age of material, location of plant and parts tested. Would need a hell of a lot of tests on material with all these factors noted and compared within the same material to get any definitive results.

Another thing to note is the amount of unnamed and rare clones that some ppl may have in their collection that the majority know naught about or that are yet to under go bio-assay! Just like the cactus referred to by the OP.

PC is good enuff.

But we dont do that sort of thing here do we now?