The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ozzy

swapping poppy seeds

about the hair, i have grown a 5 turkish at the end of summer in a sandy soil, 4 were with hair...don't understand why.

about paeony,

i don't know if there is just a difference in the petal. what i know is that they are often more vigourous plants, never blind and bad oozer.

becarrefull, the laciniatum type is different from the paeonyflorum.(have a look to alchemy pictures)i suppose the laciniatum type is an asian version of paeonyflorum.surely more potent than paeony.

about trade

i have receved a really big bag of a big strain with huge pods.the plants are big and high. if you are interested let me know.

WATER D, you have said to Ozzy that i could send him seeds, i have not understand. for now unluckly, i have not receved the Ozzy seeds... anyway could i ask you for a little more persian white ?

Garret, did you harvest the seeds from your persian/paeony ?

soon all,

vins send me your mailing details again, the persians had a good year and i've plenty of seed now.

ok vin yours are on the way and dragon you will have to wait a day or two as i have run out of bags but ill be sending them soon ok

Originally posted by VIN'S:

Garret, did you harvest the seeds from your persian/paeony ?

soon all,

yep, all seeds were dark except for one plant which had creamy white seeds and the capsules were semi dehiscent.

Originally posted by ozzy:

ok vin yours are on the way and dragon you will have to wait a day or two as i have run out of bags but ill be sending them soon ok

sweet.

oh, now would be a good time to point out that the AFSR should have a surplus of turkish commercial by now. hopefully that package arrived -rev? and i've taken stacks of cuttings of salvia meliss. ...and here's something hilarious, on saturday i inspected a large hothouse that was in the way of someones proposed landscaping, on sunday i purchased this hothouse - he insisted a carton was a good price.

what is the exact color of this turkish ?

-white

-white with purple center

-pink

-purple

mine are white with lilas center.

for sure they all come from turkish, but what about species ? it is the same who change with locations and generations ?

Guest reville

Ill check the box tomorrow

Ive acually stil got heaps of poppy seed of most types. A little goes a long way.

BTW if you want seed from the seedring - order away, i go through the old backlog and its at manageable levels.

I know i havent updated it - shoot me please

But in reality its all pretty much relevant still and Its going to be around in one form or another as long as i have a garden to work with it in.

The new site is being built by a helpful web designer

Seedstocks turn over slowly.

The only difference about the old and new sites is more info and new species to add, many of which i have only in very small quantities so Ive been doing some planting of seed stock so i can harvest my own seedstock.

With the drought its all a bit iffy about doing this and where because i don't want it to all die.

The way i see it the seedring will be fully revived and restocked early-mid next year, but itll tick over till then. Till then i'm just too busy to commit to it, i'm not even actively seeking new species for my own collection until then (shock!), there is so much of a backlog to grow through and ID, collect fresh seed.

The again this isnt really a problem anyway as trade seem to be flowing here and retailers are active.

The only thing to ask is that people who've grown out seed we do have already remembr to send a bit back. Thanks

Guest reville

WD the parcel arrived today. thankyou so much biggrin.gif If you've got any thumbnail pics of things you've sent itd add greatly to the presentation of the listing - especially for poppies and chillies.

Originally posted by VIN'S:

mine are white with lilas center.

for sure they all come from turkish, but what about species ?

So is a white/lilac flower a positive ID for Turkish? That's my local anonymous health-food store species colour as well smile.gif Small pods, but. I am wondering at this point how much this factor is genetic and how much environmental?

one day i'll get a digi camera and bore you all to death with the pics i plan to upload, seems there's no time to get all the "one days" done in just a lifetime. short answer rev, i don't have any pics. hopefully the next custodians of these strains will be more pictorially enabled than i. and the turkish i sent are purple. also does the seedring still have any marihuanilla(l.sibricus?) seeds?