The Corroboree
t st tantra

egyptian tuning fork rod/wands ?

wont go into where this fits in my current life but i've come accross this subject and would like a bit more info.

thanks to julian for use of his t fork at ega, it is a powerful tool and people here purchaced their own as a result.

looking at egyptian murals,you see rods with tuning forks on the end.

the other end can have either a hook,flail,ankh or 45degree jackal head.

the ankh makes the vibration last about 3 times longer, i've read.

i think the 45degree head may slide up and down ,allowing the rod to be tuned to the exact lenghths of the body and chakras , this being measured against the persons body.

the rod was used behind a person back.

this has been roaming in my consciousness since my kabalah studies led me to latch on to 'by hook or by crook' !!!

anyone able to add more? havent googled it yet.

this thread will go to the chill space if nothing happens here.

t s t .

wow!

i never knew the tuning forks had egyptian origins.

Even cooler that they could change the resonance depending on the individual.. Was the tone or vibration emitted along the rod against the persons spine?

I have had some very interesting experiences with tuning forks and chakra bowls. I was seeing a vibrational healer who used different toning forks on different reflexology points and energy meridians, and he also laid chakra bowls on different chakra points, and placed the larger ones underneath the table.

I found the experience to be wholly rewarding, and i was quite dumbfounded by the results.. I was literally 'healed' for about 2 hours after the session.. I even jumped over a fence without thinking twice, which at the time, was a pretty significant sign that 'something' had worked.

On another instance we got to play with a friends collection of sacred sound/ritual sound instruments at a festival. He has been collecting for over 14years, and his collection is insured for a lot more then most peoples cars.

He had a huge tibetan gong that he gave 'vibrational massages' with... It was pretty full on, and went well in combination with a large tibetan bowl placed infront.

Most of my experiences with the tuning forks have lead to quite significant states of altered consciousness, and employing them in combination with entheogenic experiences and moreover, sacred space, seems to catalyse some very deep states of 'activation'.

From what i understand about the forks, there are a variety of different frequencies that correlate to specific vibrational currents/qualities. Place the different frequencies on different meridian points of the body for different effects, or use them aurally to achieve a particular brain wave effect (sort of like binaural beats)

I wonder whether the egyptian priests utilised ORMES- (white gold/the tear of horus) alongside vibrational ritual objects/resonant energy fields?

Please hit us with a link when u find some more info Tst.

thanx

E

Edited by min(E)rval

Sorry for the double post, but this deserves its own little space..

(and yes you can publically or privately call me a 'pot head' after this.... i probably deserve it)

Warning: whacky tangent to follow

I was feeling particularly relaxed and at ease one afternoon, taking a bath in a huge luxurious rainforest bath.

I always tone/throat sing (or at least try to) when im in the bath. I find the space of bathrooms to be quite relaxing, and sitting in a bath and toning sends the tone throughout the water body and thus u literally 'feel' the tone going through your body.

Anyway, for some strange reason, one of the more significant and jumbo alchemy pots was sitting ont he floor next to the bath. A big fuck off 75L stainless steel beauty.

I dont know what it was about this pot, but i got the vibe it had some serious energetic imprints in it from all the sacrament work it had been a part of.

To cut a long story short, i picked the pot up and put it over my head and sat in the bath toning for hours.

It was absolutely amazing, the pot reveberated the toning directly back into the very centre of my brain, and i could feel the tone completely saturating my brain with its resonance.

Because the pot was pitch black, i could open my eyes to the visuals that usually get imprinted onto the eyelids during toning.

The depth and clarity of the visions with eyes open was phenomenal!

I also found that u could get just the right angle with the pot over the water so that the sound not only vibrated through my head but also my entire body (via the water body i described earlier).

Anyway, there you have it... call me a kook if you want, but please, go ahead and try it someday, and when the hilarity of sitting naked in a bath singing inside a pot hits you... think of me ;)

Edited by min(E)rval

I have always been fascinated by tuning forks. My Dad is a muso, so there was always a few lying around.

Anyhoo...re ancient egypt and tuning forks....the 'Opening of the mouth' ceremony came to mind, and the strange implement used. There are theories (a type of adze) but no consensus in Egyptology afaik...mind you, I studied Anc Egypt Hist quite awhile ago...so maybe they've figured it out?

The Opening of the mouth ceremony (or ritual) was an ancient Egyptian ritual described in funerary texts such as the Pyramid Texts. The ritual involved the symbolic animation of a statue or mummy by pretending to open its mouth so that it could breathe. Sometimes special tools were used to open the mouth. One of these was a sort of adze made from meteoric iron. The Opening of the mouth ceremony was performed so that the person could speak and breathe in the afterlife. There is an evidence of this ritual from the Old Kingdom onwards, and its main purpose was to revive the deceased or deified person. This ritual is recorded upto Roman Period. It involved various complex actions to enable the deceased to accept offerings and participate in cult rituals.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opening_of_the_mouth_ceremony)

anubismummy.gif

tut46a.jpg

my kabalah studies led me to latch on to 'by hook or by crook' !!!
---could you elaborate abit on that please?

i always thought the origin ov that phrase was ---

This phrase formerly meant "by fair means or foul", although now

it often (especially in the U.K.) means simply "by whatever

necessary means". The first recorded use is by John Wycliffe in

_Controversial Tracts_ (circa 1380). Theories include: a law or

custom in mediaeval England that allowed peasants to take as

firewood from the King's forests any deadwood that they could reach

with a shepherd's crook and cut off with a reaper's billhook;

http://www.yaelf.com/aueFAQ/mifbyhookorbycrook.shtml

i would be interested to hear a kabalic interpretation.

Top Thread!! Definatly worth checking out.. tuning forks. Had a chance to muck around with one last friday at the SALA exhibit. Oddly enough i pulled a muscle in my lower back that same day which was causing a large amount of pain. Anyway were just disscusing the healing properties of such instruments and offered to run it over the affected area a few times, to my amazment and suprise i could feel the resonance run through the muscle relaxing it and then throught my entire body very calming and grounding indeed. Definate change in conciuosness, And my back started to feel immediatly better for the next few hours. There was a decent sized group of us using it.. a strange thing we ended up sitting/standing around in a circle sometimes not even talking.. just feeling the hightened energy created by the tuning fork, i felt utterly compelled to just sit there vibrating as i felt this energy running through myself and the group. Another interesting thing Tantra pointed out to me, Is if you were close enough to another using the fork one could pick up on the faint resonance/vibration just by focusing your mind/body to pick up on it.

I like your Story E, defiantly something to try out in the future :lol:

Also picked up a Didgeridoo recently, just mucking around with it creating different vibrations/resonances has a very similar effect to the tuning fork.. does anybody else get this?

By hook or by crook?

Tutankhamun-is-going-to-America-2.jpg

From what I remember of 3 unit anc hist...the two implements held by Tut here are a shepherds crook, and a 'fly-shooer'. Flies represented powers of chaos, and the shooer (term?) his power over them...and the shepherds crook...a number of interpretations, depends how esoteric you wanna get.

Not sure if these are the hook and crook referred to tho...

some more interesting implements

img_egyptian_gods.gif

I am an utter numb-nut...its not a fly shoo-er...it's a flail! :rolleyes:

Where did i get the whole fly-shooing idea from? I think there's another implement sometimes depicted in representations of the pharaoh....a feathered thingo used for shoing away flying insects.

anyhoo...crook and flail...mercy and severity...opposing forces....duality...etc etc

Edited by wandjina

A flail for at that time, grain.

The hook symbol is for picking out sheeps or goats for consumption.

Anthropology has many surprises.

And for religeous study thats a very neccesay outlook.

Why there is staff is represented might be thats a representation ofold age.

Walking on a cane or a staff ?

Just artistic for the patrons.

They have a staff and walk with depicted symbols.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ven The anchient egytians were not arrogant enough [manipulated]

too think of stem cell research, nuclear weapons, and a economic order was the way to go.

All moslem relgion is based on past prophets.

What molems don't understand is that God doesn't like Isreal at all but that the state will exist because of the past prophets actions that he has promissed too and he will do so.

-------------------------------

The arab region is inflamed because of the idea that its a military intrusion of which they have plenty of experience.

-------------------------------------

Unfortunately there is revelations [christian]and things turns out world catastrophic for everyone

I wasn't very clear on the matter.

Prophets are just the guys that confront the historical leaders of the time.

Christian, Jewish, and Moslems have the same root stem of the actual people that propagated in the time period of Jacob.

So this nice family wanted a state.

And God promised that would happen and so it has and will.

A interesting note is that during a famine Egypt was the bread basket of the middle east due to the nile river basin.

So the Jacobs family moved there where they prospered and multiplied.

But at that time Egypt was a conquered state by a foriegn invader and the foriegn invader trusted the Hebrews alot more than the conquered Egyptians.

The Egyptians eventually expelled the invaders 'Hittites' after a couple hundred years.

And said 'What do we need with the Hebrew collaborators so lets make life hard for them."

And so the Exodus of the Hebrews happened with Moses.

Really very easily explainable.

Also picked up a Didgeridoo recently, just mucking around with it creating different vibrations/resonances has a very similar effect to the tuning fork.. does anybody else get this?

Never tried the tuning fork stuff, but I used to have a play on my ex's didj a bit. It would leave my mouth kinda numb for ages, like I'd been to the dentist :lol: Never did master that circular breathing, though.

i have a friend who does 'chakra ballancing' with a didg.. And have had some very pleasant 'grounding' effects from having it passed over my body, nothing too intense, but i guess its like the sitar in its cultural background.

I do have one interesting didg story however,

a good friend of mine whom is a bit of a wondering gypsy/australian bohemian/culture connisseur was travelling all around australia and ended up in the NT.

He had been wanting to get a didg for a while, and one day he met an aboriginal man who said he should get a 'real' one. Well he wasnt too sure what the old man meant, but took his guidance and saved up for a month and purchased what the old man said was the best for him from a 'real' didg maker.

When he left to return south he had too much baggage so he sent the didg via courier to his home town. On the way back, whilst hitch-hiking accross the desert somewhere, he was involved in a hellish car crash.

A truck literally rolled over the top of the ute he was travelling in, and it was a miraculous escape of the highest order. In this crash he lost all his worldly/material posessions. EVERYTHING. The clothes he was wearing didnt even survive, being bloody and torn they were replaced by a hospital garb.

Having been released from intensive care three days later, he boarded a plane home with absolutely nothing but some new clothes he had bought.

Arriving back in his home town he settled in with family and waited for the scars to heal over and the pains in his head to numb. About three weeks later his didg arrived in the mail. He was quite shocked by its arrival as with all the trauma of the crash he had completely forgotten about it. IT almost seemed a gift from the gods that it existed and was there with him, and later he would come to ponder whether he 'traded it all in' for that one implement of sacred sound.

The first time he played the didg it was a sunny morning, and he had woken up and had breakfast and sat down to have a bit of a fool around.

He hadnt learnt to circular breath just yet, but had managed to get some 'cool sounds' to resonate.

Three minutes after picking up the didg and 'having a blow' the most peculiar thing happened.

First he felt the resonance of the didg permeating throughout his body, deeper and deeper until he felt the resonance in his mind and could 'see' the sound all around him. As he progressed with the visualisation of the sound, and the synasthesia of seeing and hearing and feeling culminated, the world around him slowly ebbed and flowed with a fractalalia of imagery.

He was quite literally having a 'breakthrough' via the didg, and the mroe he played the more the fractals spread around his room and emenated form different points of his body.

At the peak of this experience he watched two serpent bodies emerge from the mouth piece, rap themselves around the length of the didg and stick their heads out at the end of the didg and open their mouths wide so that he could see that the sound was coming out of their mouths as well as his.

I have not had a chance to chat with my friend about his subsequent experiences with the didg, although he has assured me that this experience i have just recounted wasnt in any way catalysed by drugs.

lol...

Awesome stuff Eli can defiantly reach some awesome tones and resonance affects with the didge, Definatly keen to play around with it whilst cranking that Sun tone SpiralEyes posted about. Didges are totally amazing i can see how it was and is still used as a spiritual implement. I was totally overjoyed when i got mine had to come straight home and play it, almost like a missing piece of myself was regained whilst playing it, and a more then certain change of mental space and feeling :) And also so much more i cant express in words haha.

'by hook or by crook ' appears to me to be like a zen koan.

basically an opposition of the ideas that jesus is the good shephard but also a fisher of men.

i think this relates to a development of the symbols of aries/ram and picies/fish.

'tzardi/fish hook is not the star/aquarius'

you must work it to find your meanings.

this started years ago with the idea of a carbalistic investigation of the english alphabet.

'dot your i's and cross your t's' ,your ability to'see' and the crosses you bear ,led to wondering about the hooks and crooks of h k j y etc.

hope that explains my perspective.

t s t .

I apologise if this has already been said.but if you are still interested you should read a book called Gods of Eden, By andrew collins. If you cant find Maybe I could lend?give you mine. If you have what you think you have maybe you could reply to me if you work anyhthing I would be very excited to see what you find out. Could be interesting. horizon

If you you cant find it or would rather not readily find it let me no I would love to share your thoughts with mine

Edited by Horizon

hmmm read this thread a while ago and was interested in it. just realised that i hve read a recent journal article saying that the eygptians may well have used psilocybin containing mushrooms with a large amount of their apparel based on the mushroom. shows how similar their helmets are to mushrooms, paintings, jewelery etc

priest class may have been strong users of psilocybin mushroooms which could be linked to the use of tuning forks. i have no idea what age the two occurances.

im not saying that one caused the other just wondering if they used them simultaneously.

i have attatched a picture from that article.

what size forks are you guys using?

post-381-1171983260_thumb.jpg

when i posted in this thread i was in an altered state which lasted from early june , almost continuously for 4 months.i still have not integrated or whatever from that time.

currently i am trying to do that.there seems to be some communication issues to sort and i intend to talk about some things here at sab in the hope of working things out.

after my previous post i met up with an old friend with whom i shared a strong spiritual link.

he had been doing a buddhist heart sutra for about 20 years then gone on to throat singing,a couple different forms.

he could generate 3 different tones,two at a time,the upper two or the lower two.

he then generated a series of tones which activated each chakra in turn.

he said he could place the resonator anywhere in his body.

this seemed to be able to be done with or without generating actual sound, that is it can all be done mentally.

this is like using the tuning fork but you generate and modulate the vibrations yourself.

also experienced at this time the energy coming out of my hands could be modulated into any colour.

t s t .

the experiences of the previous thread , and a comment from someone[apo?] here at sab, led to further experiences.

the ringing inthe ears and other tones generated with plants like s rue and canabis can be used as resonators.

i was doing so and my body became totally rigid,very much the tuning fork!

t s t .

Toning--Mantra is the main method of treating consciousness and is helpful for healing all levels of the mind inner and outer. The sound and breath combination help move cerebrospinal fluid which cleanses the brain and spine. Lie in a deep hot bath and hum one tone on the expiration of one breath. You will notice that your tone wavers, perhaps due to the spasticity of the diaphragm. If one continues using this technique regularly perhaps with both higher and lower tones, the diaphragm should strengthen and release its spasticity through the vibration. Joe Alexander says toning works better than any other self-healing tool. I cannot stress enough that toning and mantra are the most effective tools we have for integrating energy during an awakening and helping the kundalini to clear through blockages. Thus if you have any difficulty at all with kundalini I suggest half an hour of toning a day...keep it simple, either Huuu, Mooo, Om or Eeee will do, or whatever sound you are drawn to.

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?...cticeSkillsList

apparently, according to a friend, the ancient egyptians may have moved large (difficult) unmovable objects with focused vibrations from a sound wave or somthn.

is there anything they didn't do?

x