The Corroboree
apothecary

The Lab

Alright crew.

I just worked 5 days worth of 12 hour shifts.

Semester is over.

I'm free for a week.

I'll be on the lab all night as well as attempting to trawl through all the forum posts I've missed on here and EBA and the nook.

If you're online tonight, drop in, there are plenty of yall I'd love to have a good chat with :lol:

fuckin sweet man! how good is it! I cant wait til my semesters over! Got exams til the end of the month and then 3 fucking months off!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH!!!! :bong::shroomer::bong:

I'll be on the lab all night as well as attempting to trawl through all the forum posts I've missed on here and EBA and the nook.

jeez why would those posts be so important?

Perhaps you have found a way to use those 90% of the brain that the rest of us don't use and need input just to fill it up.

Only reason I can think of...

reading about you working overtime, transdimentional doing his course, and yeah they make me do some sort of course next week too.

(In the voice of marvin the depressed robot:)

Hate it already! Dreadful! I won't like it! really depressing!

What course are you doin Gom? And who is making you do it? centerlink?

I hate those 'how to get work' courses that i was forced to do whilst i was on the dole.. so fucking annoying, like dude as if i dont know how to write a resume and look thru newspapers :rolleyes: and then they would force ya to take the first job that accepted you no matter how shit or inapropriate to my situation. Those boring, forced courses were always the thing that forced me into finally getting off my ass to work or study. haha Would much rather choose a job that was standable before i was forced into a shit one! I guess thats the idea of them then ey! If it comes to the crunch I would much rather have chosen to work then do those courses! Of course this was before I became a single parent. :)

Wow that was quite a non-sensicle ramble! I need sleep :o

And yeah Gom, Sina does use the other 90% of the brain that us others have forgoten about ;) :P

I hate those 'how to get work' courses that i was forced to do whilst i was on the dole.. so fucking annoying, like dude as if i dont know how to write a resume and look thru newspapers and then they would force ya to take the first job that accepted you no matter how shit or inapropriate to my situation. Those boring, forced courses were always the thing that forced me into finally getting off my ass to work or study. haha Would much rather choose a job that was standable before i was forced into a shit one!

yeah it's one of them!

and then they would force ya to take the first job that accepted you no matter how shit or inapropriate to my situation

that is very worrying and I will take steps to prevent that first thing in the morning.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Maybe someone should start a thread somewhere, where all victims of the Howard regime come together and give each other advice how to best dogde their attacks on our lifestyles.

Edited by gomaos

I have three words for you Gomaos.. "Personal Support Program" go check it out.

Itll take you off the job search program for 2yrs replacing it with counciling and personal support, plus youll probabaly have to go on a 12 month waiting list to get on it, in which time you also dont have to look for work..

I think you would be suitable for this program too because you have issues with depression and have been out of the workforce for so long. plus it doesnt hurt to play it up a bit. LOL.. :wink:

gom have u had a business registered before?

maybee u could get on the neis program (new enterprise incentive scheme) speak to centrelink about it, its only available if u have never had a registered business before.

u get whatever u earn out of ur business (gomaos garden maybee?) plus the full dole money for one year, and no fucking around with centrelink. They provide u with business training, and are always there to help u out (a business enterprise centre) i thoroughly enjoyed it, and the dole money pays ur rent and food while u get ur business up and cranking.Discounted accountants are also a good benefit of the neis program.(actually heaps of business related discounts for program participants.

Good luck anyways champion!!

would be great to see gomaos garden up and cranking again, u seem to have alot of satisfied and loyal customers, and ur plants have always been A1 quality.

Thanks for all the great advice, friends.

Jono, no I don't think I had a registered business before unless that cd shop I once had counts. I Had to have a second hand dealers licence etc so I think it might count, it might not.

Yes there's def a lot of potential in "gomaos garden", the point is it's only me running it.

In the past one guy tried to walk over me and just take over but I kicked him out before he could.

I'd really need a partner/manager sort of thing but don't get along well with men, still waiting for that lady that may never come.

Organisation is my weak spot, once I even got fined 500 bucks for bad book-keeping.

I'm the worst book-keeper in the world, not because I want to be, but because I'm horribly forgetful.

I really lack that small-mindedness a book-keeper needs, like Howard for example.

He never does anything else but keep books and make profit, the best example for small-mindedness, in whatever big way it may be.

So I guess "gomaos garden" will remain in the status quo it is in now, unless I'd have to leave here (which could very well be thanks to lil johnny), or an angel falls from heaven. or elsewhere.

Also I don't really wanna make any businessmen-courses because I'm a real bad businessman.

Only things I'm good at is gardening and shamanism. And knowledge of psychedelic music from the 60s till now. Whatever that's worth.

Been doing music cds quite a while, but that also never really took off. Cause I'm not a good businessman. Never attempted it either. Really.

Andy Amine, thanks for that tip

"Personal Support Program"

I'll check it out. Wouldn't even have to fake depressions.

Plus there's something else I want to ask you.

Please check your pm's.

Take andy's and jono's advice...you deny the underlying depression yet you admit it sometimes :wink:

I'm on a pension due to recurrent "treatment resistant" depression.

In other words,the white-man's chems simply don't work for me...thus my prescence here!

Plants DO work and patented extracts simply don't!

I'd look into NEIS but I'm a stubborn fuck like you and have the same tendancy to have to do things myself,without help B)

If I had the dosh I'd support yourself,T,Darc,Rev,Guruna,Teo and so on but I have to live to my limitations as do you.

find your neiche and go for it bloody mindedly..otherwise you'll always be a victim of something..I know!!

best wishes..mesc

I'm on a pension due to recurrent "treatment resistant" depression.

In other words,the white-man's chems simply don't work for me...thus my prescence here!

Plants DO work and patented extracts simply don't!

did they put you an anti-depressants and then do regular tests to see if you take them?

Because I wouldn't touch that crap!

find your neiche and go for it bloody mindedly..otherwise you'll always be a victim of something..I know!!

Starting this morning!

Yeah mate went through every class over a year....treatment failure.

Pshyciatatrist said enough is enough(so did I),yet he agrees that altered states are the key for insight whether plant induced,meditative states or endogenous.

I wanna see you come good bro.

Pshyciatatrist said enough is enough(so did I),yet he agrees that altered states are the key for insight whether plant induced,meditative states or endogenous.

What a funky-arse psychiatrist! does he have any like-minded colleagues in Sydney?

He's in Moss-Vale which for sanity's sake isn't too far to go for a few sessions from Sydney.

I used to live a half hours drive from his practice and he brought me back from suicidal to coping within an astonishing time-frame.But alas I moved to the suicide capital a few years ago and I don't get to see him as often as I would like due to travelling epenses.

IMHO he is the king of psychiatrists as he sends you home with audio recordings of each session and has an arsenal of self-hypnosis teks he whips up on the spot and records to take home so you can DIY with CBT.He always gives me a plant to take home when I get a chance to travel 3hrs to see him and he also bulk bills too!

He's not a pill pusher at all....he actually cares.He's happy that meds work for some but failing that he doesn't give up.He's been around the world,to ashrams and conventions,done "The Course in Miracles",is a member of the Rossicrution Society,believes in re-incarnation and is a self-confessed Psychiatric Cynic..man the list goes on!!

His techniques do work if you put the homework in yourself(sometimes I'm slack and that's my fault :wink: )

He's gotta be in his 70's but looks and acts like he's in his early 50's...I'd say he's fitter than me and meditates everyday...has been for 20 years!A dear friend and mentaur...you don't get that everyday from the "system"!

If anyone wants more details feel free to pm me as I don't really want to plug him here in the forums without his permission,plus you'll need to see a GP and get a referral...and he is a tireless and very busy man.

:worship:

Wow, he sounds fantastic!!! Such a pity there arent many psychiatrists like him left.

When he did his training the psychoanalytic 'paradigm' would still have been dominant, and biological reductionism was frowned upon ...nowadays psych education doesnt include nearly as much of a focus on psychodynamic or 'talk' therapies, much much more on neurochemistry/psychopharm.

As they say...psychiatry found the brain but lost its mind!

A real tragedy...and a contributing factor to todays mental health crisis IMO.

Of course, economic factors play a large role here...long-term (however defined) psychotherapy just isnt as cost effective as doling out a box of pills!

A sample from life in the lab :blink:

<hebrew> LOL

* YoWiE breaks a bottle and begins chanting NARC NARC NARC

<jonoslefttesticle> whe is it Hebs

* QTan is now known as jonosrighttestie

<wandjina> lol

<hebrew> dunno i meant the victorian one

* hebsiscool is now known as jonosflacidpenis

<jonosflacidpenis> chortlechortle

<jonoslefttesticle> Im jsut swinging here on the left

<wandjina> snigger

<hebrew> LMAO

<hebrew> you guys are crazy in the loco

<jonoslefttesticle> hows it going over there righty???

* jonosrighttestie is now known as dontuknowimloco

<dontuknowimloco> oh... yea.. was ok, just gettin a bit hot so i moved

<jonoslefttesticle> hehe

* jonosflacidpenis is now known as ishouldntsmokepot

<ishouldntsmokepot> hhhhh

* dontuknowimloco is now known as bamandthedirtisgone

<jonoslefttesticle> Im so glad we dont log these conversations

<bamandthedirtisgone> hehe

<bamandthedirtisgone> um...

<bamandthedirtisgone> :P

:lol: mucho loco

psychiatry found the brain but lost its mind!

yeah nowadays they even frown on Freud... who may not have been perfect, nobody is, but his work was essential for even developing psychiatry...

but don't want to discuss this no thanks...

its full of shelvers and narcs one would have to be loco to hangout in there!

really?

If anyone sees any warnings that the encryption has changed, ignore it, just me messing with things.

Tripitaka finally relented and posted a photo of what he looks like while he was chatting this afternoon:

kartoffel.jpg

(That's a potato in lingerie)

Damn you sina, thats the last time i send you private snaps!

Please, please! Im begging, dont post the webcam shots :bootyshake:

Heres sina on MDMA! Notice the dilated eyes (potato joke).

conway16.jpg