The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thelema

pharmaceutical Atropine

Guest Thelema

hi guys, can anyone help me on suggested mg doses of atropine?

i think kwells tablets are atropine, are they not?

Guest Ramon

Kwells tablets are listed in the MIM's as being Hyoscine hydrobromide.

So it is not atropine but does have some atropine like effects.

For those who dont know, hyoscine hydrobromide is the exact same thing as scopolamine hydrobromide.

Just thought that might help.

Guest Thelema

SO HYOSCINE IS SCOPOLAMINE?

in any case, what sort of mg dose am i looking at for hallucinatory purposes?

Guest reville

Just be sure to consider the side effects.

Impaired vision, sluggishness, general malaise are possible bad side affects

so be warned

I was 16 and weighed 75Kg.I took 'Avils' on 3 occassions.

The first time i took 12 the firts time and experinecd mild visual distortions. I was told that 8 to 12 would do it.Minimal toxicity

The next time i took 20 and had a great time.

The most 'real' hallucinations i have ever had. Significant toxic bodyload.

This was 1.5 weeks after trip 1

The next week i took 12 and had a bad (anxiety) trip which a friend brought me out of by putting me on her bed in the dark and playing me jazz. Distracted me i guess.

So from my exp. i would not suggest taking more than 8 at firts if you feel you must at all.Remember that these alkaloids have powerful physiological and psychological effects and can kill or possibly do permanant damage

And leave plenty of time to detox between

The half-life for atropine I believe is around 12 hours so yeah it takes ages for it to leave you system and you have serve memmory loss during the trip.

Guest reville

I believe what i had was Scopolamine/Hyoscine

Atropine i think has a greater physiological effect is and so is significantly more dangerous. Not really safe for internal consunption.

Though a little belladonna smoked with muscaria might be beneficial?

[This message has been edited by reville (edited 12 August 2002).]

i don't think it is Hyoscine/Scopolamine in

Avils it is some name that's hard to remember i'll look it up

Never take tropanes (hyoscyamine, scopolamine and atropine) or the plants that contain them in an effort to avoid toxicity with Fly Agaric. The whole thing is a misunderstanding. Muscarine is not found in toxic doses in Fly Agaric. The toxin is amavadin. The only way to avoid this would be to prepare it in such a way as to avoid the amavadin. Unfortunately this would probably involve resin columns.

Memory loss does not just last for the trip, some folk get permanent memory losses and memory difficulties and personality changes. Never for the better.

Brain damage is very easy with these drugs. My advice is not to do them unless you think you have a calling to be a shaman. In that case you already have one foot in the World of the Dead.

Also the other side-effects would cover a page of A4 paper just with their names.

Guest reville
Originally posted by theobromos:

Never take tropanes (hyoscyamine, scopolamine and atropine) or the plants that contain them in an effort to avoid toxicity with Fly Agaric.

My advice is not to do them unless you think you have a calling to be a shaman. In that case you already have one foot in the World of the Dead.

Also the other side-effects would cover a page of A4 paper just with their names.

The reason i said this is i read that atropine injections will decrease the effect of the muscarine but increase the effect of muscimol.

As for the third point. yes thats what ive always wanted - to be connected with all and to gain insight from all. mind you i dont think the dead have as much to teach as the living, the dead have no future

Pheniramine Maleate is the chemical in Avil car sickness tablets.