The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Trip Dr

Questions about subs

Hey all here's somethin for ya, found this big ass shroom today.

post-161-1154000874_thumb.jpg

post-161-1154001009_thumb.jpg

Cap measures 8cm across. Thats pretty big for a sub isnt it? Also whats the go with ones that have been munched by grubs? They'd still be good right? I mean, the grub has obviously had its fill and i probably off in another dimension now. They dont excreet any toxins after burrowing throught the fungi do they? :huh:

Here's some others, check that fat stem on the little sucker at the front.

post-161-1154001259_thumb.jpg

Most of these were past their best, there were heaps more that had completly dried into black sticks. Needed to get their a bit earlier. Thank the lord i have a garbage disposal, i mean if i hadnt destroyed these things after i realised what they were, someone might have eaten them!

namaste

Nah mate the grubs won't hurt ya :)

if you were worried about accidentally eating a grub you could try making a tea, where legal to do so of course

Never tried a tea, although i thought it would be a waste as the heat breaks down all the goodness from what i've read. Although some people i know swear by it. My cousins dogs next door neighbour reckons that mulling em up fine after drying and sprinkling ontop of an already cooked pizza and chomping down is the go.

.. Or you could just let them dry naturally, then eat them as is..

:puke: cant say that i really enjoy the flavour that much. Its definatly not the worst thing ive eaten, but i prefer to mask the taste if possible. Plus, i love pizza!

The pizza sounds ok but a foaf likes to make sure they have a full stomach before ingesting any kind of actives.

Just keeps his stomach settled and makes sure he dosent get too hungry over the next couple of hours.this foaf of mine finds it hard to eat when tripping balls.

..a friend i once knew who has since been taken away by aliens,never to return said that eating fresh with a decent serving of chopped oranges can really help mask the taste..

It's actually better to have not eaten within 4 hours before taking any psychedelic.

I stick strictly to this rule (before taking any psychedelic which is legal in my country), and never have issues with nausea or getting hungry (if I do I have no trouble eating if need be).

While I'd recommend it, if eating first works for you then well it works for you :)

Edited by alkatrope

the grubs probaqbly have some protein.

I took a print of that big sub if anyone is interested.

Never tried a tea, although i thought it would be a waste as the heat breaks down all the goodness from what i've read. Although some people i know swear by it. My cousins dogs next door neighbour reckons that mulling em up fine after drying and sprinkling ontop of an already cooked pizza and chomping down is the go.

if you had barely enough for one proper dose i suggest eating them otherwise a tea is great. i know conventional wisdom says that making tea will destroy your goodies but my friends from overseas tell me they have never had a problem of having a batch of tea being weak. not even when they accidentally let a pot of tea boil away on the stove for an hour instead of lightly simmering if for considerably less time. the onset of tea compared to eating whole mushrooms makes up for any slight decrease in potentcy (if at all noticable)

Or you could 'cold air' fan dry them until crispy, powder them in a coffee grinder, then stuff this powder into empty gelatine capsules.

Dont you find you get a bit bloated or get gastro discomfort from capsules? 3.5gms+ is a lot of powder. I guess it wouldnt be so bad or Subs.

Worst of all are the dry powder burps.. LOL... :puke:

Worst of all are the dry powder burps.. LOL... :puke: [/color]

LOL

One time a FOAF used a particular brand of dessicant which was scented with a synthetic floral aroma

He was burping this gross fake perfume smell all night

Dont you find you get a bit bloated or get gastro discomfort from capsules? 3.5gms+ is a lot of powder. I guess it wouldnt be so bad or Subs.

Worst of all are the dry powder burps.. LOL... :puke:

Funnily enough, I have never had a problem with it until the last time I tried it this way - had a small burp where I could taste that unforgiving flavour, then it was over.

I find that this way is by far the best way, as you not only mix all the material when grinding to ensure it is all the same potency (no more of this 'Man, I ate the same number of shrroms as you and got nothing...'), but because when it digests you get a hit all at once I find I don't seem to need as much.

I can Squeeze 0.8g into a 'OO' cap, and I find two of these is more than enough to blast off.

You get blast off from 1.6g??

Damn, I'm used to 3-5 :P

One time a FOAF used a particular brand of dessicant which was scented with a synthetic floral aroma

He was burping this gross fake perfume smell all night

:lol::lol::lol:

The dry mushie burps are bad enough. haha

that must have been horrible.

Fresh is best IMO, i know its not always possible and god knows this season has been a testament to that, but thats the way i like it.

You get blast off from 1.6g??

Damn, I'm used to 3-5 :P

The older I get, I'm finding that 'Less is more'.....

2g for colour enhancement, epiphany and enlightenment. Any more starts me down the wrong track...

Ah ok, seems we just have different ideas of 'blast off' B)

Hot damn 3-5g! :wacko: Well i guess im lucky in a way, i find about 1.5g can be good for me. Means my supply lasts longer! When fresh have found that only 2 med sized shrooms can give effects, not bending time and space or anything, but still fun :wink:

I find half a gram socially is exquisite! Greater colour and depth perception, increased empathy and overall sublime feeling.

I find half a gram socially is exquisite! Greater colour and depth perception, increased empathy and overall sublime feeling.

True dat! Low dose is excellent at social gatherings (apparently). Blend with numerous alcoholic bevvies.

Well I guess it would depend on whether your talking about Cube'ies or Subs, Im guessing your all talking about Subs?

0.5g must be talkin bout subs, but deff not W.A. subs!!

00 capsules r deff the go IMO, tried many other meathods, but nothing beats capsules for lack off disgusting shroomy flavour. Also the come on is instant(after 1.5 hours) nothing for 1.5 hours, then BAM, ur there.

With cubes I find 3.5-4g with 1g top ups every hour from the 2.5 hour point on ,absolutely sublime. Blast off lasting for 1 good solid hour, returning to Movie enthralment watching mode for remainder.

2.4g doesn't even give me noticable effects anymore, maybe to movie enthralment mode. 5x00 capsules seems to be the sweet spot

With W.A. subs, there seems to be an unpassable barrier at movie mode with no amount(10-15gDRY) getting u any further.