The Corroboree
Green Chemist

What's the go with Bongs and glass pipes??

After reading one of the posts here on the site a question came to me. What is the legal go with bongs and glass pipes?? Are they ok to use if the stuff you are smoking is not illegal??

I was under the impression that it was naughty if you used them for the combustion of illegal vegetable matter.

Or is wrong to use them for smoking and they are just ment to be pretty paperweights??

Laws differ in different states. Have a look at your state's drug act and see what they say about smoking implements or paraphernalia.

I used to think about this because I used to smoke tobacco through a bong. I would have cigarrettes at work to tide me over, but would still pang for a 'bacci'. I often wondered if I could legally smoke a bong at the train station. I decided it's not a good idea anyway, as I don't want to draw attention to myself.

im fairly sure that glass pipes are illegal in vic as nowhere 'officially' sells them anymore but they are still available all over the place if you are discrete.

:crux:

Sorry too say, that in the U.S. any type of music that deals with any drug is illegal.

----------------------------------------------------

Also any type of smoking instrument.

If found children are instantly taken away from the household.

A whole lot of state orphans.

----------------------------------------------------------------

At least Russia has a excuse with AIDS.

-----------------------------------------------------

But the global national state such as Russia and Japan have seen the stressed population simply not breeding any more.

---------------------------------------------------------

I interested in the genetics, the English WW1 and WW2 losses.

Might be a reason dental strange England problems?

Killed off the genetic fit?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone said in the Napoleolic war the French lost 2 inches from height of the average french.

bongs are illegal drug administration implements in NSW, however the police has discretionary powers, so it is up to them if they want to bust you or not. This means that visible bongs are often used as reasonable cause for drug searches.

It is a common misconception that bongs are legal in NSW. That's why we don't sell them. Other shops do, but that's their choice and risk.

Bracks was talking about banning bongs here in melb a few years ago, but I guess nothing came of it. The problem with it is that although it is not too hard to make your own bong, a lot of people get lazy and end up smoking through a plastic bottle with a bit of hose and foil for a cone. Not the healthiest way to smoke.

before you state that bracks was thinking of making bongs illegal you should find out what the current legislation ACTUALLY is. chances are they were never actually legalised (adn were certainly illegal 15 years ago whe I lived in melbourne).

we have way more bongs on public display in NSW than you have in Vic and yet they are definitely 100% illegal in NSW. Availability has little to do with legality. In fact, it confuses the hell out of people and I constantly have to argue about this issue :rolleyes:

Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW. Bongs are illegal in NSW.

If bongs are illegal here then Bracks obviously does not know about it. However, it appears that he has changed his tune over the past few years (Assuming I have not made a mistake. I am trying to find evidence for my earlier claim.):

Mr Bracks said a blanket ban on bongs would not be appropriate, given the objects are also used for the smoking of regular and fruit-cured tobacco.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/pre...2748639697.html

I used to think about this because I used to smoke tobacco through a bong. I would have cigarrettes at work to tide me over, but would still pang for a 'bacci'. I often wondered if I could legally smoke a bong at the train station. I decided it's not a good idea anyway, as I don't want to draw attention to myself.

I'm one to smoke bacci bongs too, I only smoke cigis when I'm not at home. Smoking tobacco in a billy really shows you how powerful it can be..

I'm one to smoke bacci bongs too, I only smoke cigis when I'm not at home. Smoking tobacco in a billy really shows you how powerful it can be..

I always thought it healthier too. One cone (in one breath) would satisfy the urge, and it would be a while before I'd want one again, but with ciggarettes, I would smoke a whole one or two during a break at work, or even one after the other all night at a club or a party. If I was at a party where they had a spare bong however, just one every fifteen minutes or so. And, for someone who is used to them...oh so much more satisfying.

I don't know the law for bongs in W.A. r, but wen people I know ahave been busted, they get charged a testing fee on the bong aswell as disposal fee. So my guess is that they test for THC residue, if returned positive then it's illegal, otherwise it's not and u could prob ask for ur bong back.

I don't know the law for bongs in W.A. r, but wen people I know ahave been busted, they get charged a testing fee on the bong aswell as disposal fee. So my guess is that they test for THC residue, if returned positive then it's illegal, otherwise it's not and u could prob ask for ur bong back.

Same here in Vic afaik

I don't know the law for bongs in W.A. r

WA Misuse of Drugs Act 1981

Offences concerned with prohibited drugs and prohibited plants in relation to premises and utensils

5 . Offences concerned with prohibited drugs and prohibited plants in relation to premises and utensils

(1) A person who —

(d) has in his possession —

(i) any pipes or other utensils for use in connection with the smoking of a prohibited drug or prohibited plant; or

(ii) any utensils used in connection with the manufacture or preparation of a prohibited drug or prohibited plant for smoking,

in or on which pipes or utensils there are detectable traces of a prohibited drug or prohibited plant; or

(e) is found in any place which is then being used for the purpose of smoking a prohibited drug or prohibited plant other than cannabis,

except when he is authorised by or under this Act or by or under the Poisons Act 1964 to do so, commits a simple offence.

creach, you also need to check the adminsitration implement section. that's where they list things like bongs and years ago even syringes.

creach, you also need to check the adminsitration implement section. that's where they list things like bongs and years ago even syringes.

hmm couldn't find such a section in that act. In fact the only mention of pipes, utensils, or implements was the bit I posted.

Elsewhere in WA law you will find the Cannabis Control Regulations, which say

Offence under section 5(1)(d)(i) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1981 involving cannabis

$100

please define "bong"

versus

pipe

Water pipe ie Narghile, hookah etc

that's right, your labour govvy made huge changes to the act when they came to power. the bong bit is probably deleted in WA.

sorry....

please Legally define "bong"

versus

pipe

but then maybe the tobacco lobby is in on it too, wanting to outlaw pipe tobacco, or indeed ANY tobacco consumption form other than tailor mades which are most addictive and cheapest to make (lowest grade baccy)

who can compare the Lasting nicotine satisfaction of an apple narghile or fat cuban or dominican cigar versus a winnie blue

please define "bong"

versus

pipe

the law does not make a distinction. which is why the law is so unfair as obviously lots of people are getting away with using hookahs. 10 or 15 years ago people used to smuggle them in in parts and as ornaments. now you can buy them from wholesalers. A friend of mine in the very early 90's got 200 hours community work for owning a hookah that the cops weren't even required to test for cannabis residue (it was only used for tobacco).

times change, but the law hasn't.