The Corroboree
naja naja

Active Acacia report from Philipines

The other day, I was talking to my mate who has travelled very far and wide in this small world of ours. I happened to meantion Acacias containing DMT and he immediately replied by telling me he had tried it. He said he had taken 1 huge hit of whole root peice in a bong and was thrust into an intence psycadelic trip for 15 min, but felt like many hours.

I just assumed he had tried it in Oz, but then I remembered how much he'd travelled, so next time I saw him I asked where he had tried it, and to my supprise he announced "The Phillipines" Wow, I didn't even know they had acacia's there.

He also meantioned a nut that the locals ground up and chewed for psycotropic effects.

So there's a few new ones(atleast to me) for anybody who's living in the Phillipines or knows fellow ethno-bots over there.

Peace out

Naja

Edited by naja naja

Hopefully kadakuda will join this thread. He lives in taiwan where Acacia confusa is a native. PLus he sells the root in his online shop.

Lots of stuff floating about the net about how confusia brew is orally active without MAOIs. people will swear black and blue it is.

what is the name of the shop?

what is the name of the shop?

we don't encourage sppoon feeding here.

how good are you on a computer? most people here, would just type the membername into google...

• Like 3

isnt there acacias all over the place there's acacias in africa

but there not really the same as our wattle

correct me if im wrong but i dont think every acacia contains dmt

maybe all our wattles here in aus but yeh i dont really know alot about it

we have a huge wattle in our front yard im pretty sure its longifolia or maidenii

i should add when i was young and dumb well not really dumb my friend an i read somewhere

on a forum or erowid about smoking the bark we tried it and it did nothing haha :)

correct me if im wrong but i dont think every acacia contains dmt

maybe all our wattles here in aus but yeh i dont really know alot about it

Only a relatively small percentage of acacia species contain dmt even in aus.

thanks mycot

i thought that was the case

I have a 10yo acacia confusa, and the phylodes would make a wicked brew with some caapi if that was a legal thing to do.Yes I have heard and had it confirmed from an expert that the root bark is some wicked self activating new alkaloid but I would never hurt my trees root system.

Do a search,there was a discussion about Acacia confusa.

• Like 1

It could very well be Acacia confusa, I know a guy who says the acacia he has is confusa. Don't know his skills or the other acacia species in his area, but it seems reasonable. I know A. confusa is in Taiwan, japan (south) China (south) and read about it being a filipino acacia as well.

For the orally active thing, cant honestly say i have tried it. The bark tastes bad, and its hard like bark....one day maybe. Its pretty damn active in aya or extracted though. though a BIG problem with extracting, goes for other dmt plants like mimosa as well, is here its warm and the crystals tend to melt at room temp here.

I'm thinking that nut is probably betel nut as well. Chewed it in Palwan there but it felt the same as the nut here in Taiwan.