The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
transDiMenTional

glassware from ebay

My friend wants to start making essential oils and the like and is wondering if ordering distillation apparatus or sep funnels from ebay would raise any sort of suspicion? Not sure if this sort of thing is commonly used in anything illegal..... :unsure:

P.s the apparatus in question is in america.

Edited by Alice Dee

I wouldnt be worried if she's only mamking essential oils then she definaetly has nothin to worry about. but even so glassware comes through customs all the time i wouldn't worry about the feds knockin on your door coz you bought glassware form ebay.

radnesspost-1479-1149073644.gif

While scrolling down this thread tonight I honestly didn't expect to see a dancing cactus with an absurd grin on it's face. Nice work.

I have bought stuff of Richard on e-bay on a number of occasions and he was very good, everything was very well packed and fast service. I have bought bits and pieces from him ranging back to a year and a half or more ago and never any probs.

The American glassware is like metric and imperial incompatable. Quickfit make the "propper joint sizes" which is what is available in Aus as well. The American joints won't fit and any replacements will have to be sources from America. Go the quickfit compatable.

Check out some of the lab supply places like crown and lomb, they do cash deals with public. Im gonna order some stuff soon so maybe a group order? providing noone wants to order anything restricted. Im looking at 2 large RBF's, liebig condensor (might be cheaper from ebay) still head vacuum receiver and some solvents. also a buchner funnel since i broke mine :(

Check out some of the lab supply places like crown and lomb, they do cash deals with public. Im gonna order some stuff soon so maybe a group order? providing noone wants to order anything restricted. Im looking at 2 large RBF's, liebig condensor (might be cheaper from ebay) still head vacuum receiver and some solvents. also a buchner funnel since i broke mine :(

a group effort sounds like a plan. Wedbsite? let us know the details so i can c wot theyve got that i want... ta :)

Im not saying for definate i will but i am considering it. When i decide i will make a thread about it ok.

Where do i find this 'crown and lomb'? :unsure:

The good people at Livingstone scientific are pretty Reliable.

www.livingstone.com.au

Edited by watertrade

I'm also in the market for some quickfit glassware and I was wondering, which pieces are restricted?

They say that some are watched however none are restricted anyone can buy what they like in terms of glassware but certain vessels such as 3 neck 5ltr RBF will certainly draw some attention. OIther things are that apperently if they sign up to that reporting thing they report flask sizes 500ml or more condensers 40cm or longer i think and size b14 or greater splash heads but i think thats basically it. I woudlnt worry though the purchase of a 500ml or even a 1l rbf flask isnt liely to draw attention coz its so commonly used anyway.

I have emailed customs about this matter, aparently there are no restrictions fullstop on glassware imported into Australia so joint sizes over b19 are fine, rb flasks over 1 litre , condensor sizes do not matter, same with hot plates and magnetic stirrers

i didnt say there were restrictions, in fac if you read it i pointed out there arent, i said that supposedly they watched some of those items, imported items arent watched, if its not an illegal import than it wont worry them.

sorry ergoamide i wasnt trying to create an argument here i thought you were only refering to the purchase of glassware from companys inside Australia where they do require reporting.

perhaps i should get back in my box :huh:

Edited by dc

i wouldnt order from US because all the quick fit joints are different sizes then to oz, this means you always need to buy from them or need to buy pesky adaptors for everything.

dont worry dc i wasnt in a good mood that day. Also like teo said don't buy form US unless you know the size your getting ie. 19/26 joint or a 24/29 joint if they say that the joints are the matching size to the ones you have then go ahead but don't buy it unless you know. That goes for buying form anywhere though.

sorry ergoamide i wasnt trying to create an argument here i thought you were only refering to the purchase of glassware from companys inside Australia where they do require reporting.

I don't think they do require reporting, it's voluntary.

I don't think they do require reporting, it's voluntary.

Sure is, the gear targeted and the suppliers who have signed up for reporting can all be found in the 'Code of Practice for Supply Diversion into Illicit Drug Manufacture' dated september 2005.