The Corroboree

I presume that most of this will have little effect for 10 or 20 years and maybe the greatest effect will be on the next generation (history would indicate so).

the whole post was well put forward

i agree wholeheartedly

by the time the contributins to history of our generation are noticed they will be being celebrated by mainstream culture

at which point it is obvious that the next stage of development will already be occuring unnoticed or at best reviled at the fringe of this new 'alternative' conservatism

ala 'Rave'

its dead

which is why its accepted

cos mainstream promoters can safely poke around its carcass without fear of being bitten

i mean who doesn't enjoy intense visauls and your thoughts while your mind does a backflip.
I also love researching the effects of psychoactive substances and how they work. The fact that a tiny amount of certain chemicals can cause your brain to act in certain bizarre and beautiful patterns is amazing. It at times feels like your moulding your brain out of its conventional form without knowing what the outcome will be.

I'm with you on both of those. I can't say anymore because it would be exactly what you have typed.

Just curious as to whether anybody has ever put Brugmansia in a changa mix before??? Since it is known to have been used in ayahuasca brews I figure the plant has some type of association with the others.

AFOAF says that it adds a very different dimension to the DMT trip.

AFOAF says that it adds a very different dimension to the DMT trip.
I bet it does :lol:

Brugmansia flower with Nicotiana tabacum leaf as the carrier herbs is the go in this regards (if you ask me :P)...

Instead of the Caapi leaf?

ive read tropanes accentuate beta carbs

it could be good

but matbe not?

ive def tried shtrooms nb brug with good results

improved somatic effects i think

a slighlty clammy neck but with fluidity and warmth in the joints and general movemnet of limbs

colours are accentuated, esp wth pink purple blue and green

"candied mushrooms"

its several yers ago tho

my brug collection now is miniscule

a double white, pink, yellow sang, and grand marnier only i kep as small tub plants brought indoors to protect from bad frost...

I met one person @ BOOM festival who was putting datura in their "changa" mix... it seems to work well by all reports...I¨ve never tried it though! I think they were only putting in very small amounts...

When I was in Peru, the ayahuascaros consider "toe" (brugmansia/datura) to be one of the primary admixtures... they don¨t use much... I noticed in one brew very definate effects...much more visual and full!

I asked two curanderos, one of them uses about 2 10cm leaves per 20 people I think... the other used one flower and one leaf for about the same amount of people... using the flower appeals to me!

HOWEVER, I heard of one ayauascaro who was supposed to leading a group in the jungle who put a bit too much toe in his brew, got a bit carried away by his visions and jumped into the river and swam for quite some kilometeres totally immersed in it all, while the group is wondering where their curandero was?!

Julian.

HOWEVER, I heard of one ayauascaro who was supposed to leading a group in the jungle who put a bit too much toe in his brew, got a bit carried away by his visions and jumped into the river and swam for quite some kilometeres totally immersed in it all, while the group is wondering where their curandero was?!

Julian.

Haha! :lol:

I met one person @ BOOM festival who was putting datura in their "changa" mix... it seems to work well by all reports...I¨ve never tried it though! I think they were only putting in very small amounts...

One thing I've noticed is that the herbs that have a reputation for dream inducing are much better admixtures (even in tiny amounts), Calea as a bed for some crystal had the same "bonus" effects...

When I was in Peru, the ayahuascaros consider "toe" (brugmansia/datura) to be one of the primary admixtures... they don¨t use much... I noticed in one brew very definate effects...much more visual and full!

I asked two curanderos, one of them uses about 2 10cm leaves per 20 people I think... the other used one flower and one leaf for about the same amount of people... using the flower appeals to me!

Julian.

Hehe. I bet the curandero was kind of wondering where he was when it wore off :P

Julian do you have any photos of Brugmansia in its native habitat?

Thanks Julian...

AFOAF says -

I would like to add that the visuals were dramatically altered. For the first time in a breakthrough dose it wasn't just patterns, or entities, or flying around strange geometrical structures\buildings of energy in an alien civilisation - the patterns were different (more fluid) and I got hit with violent flashes of real objects and images (knives are the only one I remember) which is something I didn't ever expect to see in spiceland.

It was a perhaps the first 'bad trip' but the Brugmansia was not to blame, moreso mindset and motive.

I agree Apoth about dreamherbs - hence the reason why a 1\4 of the mixture was a mix of calea, mugwort and brug flower.

A previous experience out of a wooden pipe packed with Brug leaf\Cannabis and spice on top seemed to create the more fluid and less geometric visuals as well.

Question:

I read on Erowid that applying flame to DMT isn't good for it and that heat is best applied indirectly. What's the deal then with tryptamine-soaked herb that has to be combusted anyway? How does this work without degrading the laced compounds?

Perhaps I'm missing something, perhaps a silly question... ? :huh:

I would like to add that the visuals were dramatically altered. For the first time in a breakthrough dose it wasn't just patterns, or entities, or flying around strange geometrical structures\buildings of energy in an alien civilisation - the patterns were different (more fluid) and I got hit with violent flashes of real objects and images (knives are the only one I remember) which is something I didn't ever expect to see in spiceland.

Interesting you say this once swim was on xtc and lsa and also a little too drunk to care about repercussions and loaded a large pipe (very large) with a pau d'arco changa (i believe that was the only medium) and similar real visions occured. The main ones i remember were of two people fighting but only by their poses, very 2 dimentional and in the foreground, all the usually visuals but much less geometric were behind these visions but one guy would come in from the left with an uppercut pose, then the other from the right with a right hook, etc.. very very sttrange one of experiences that you only remember very few images of the whole thing. When swim came back his cat jumped up on his lap my god he had no clue what this thing was, tactile sense was still all over the place and nothign seen by his eyes could be understood, he thought it was some large rug that had come to encompass him in its existance.. the first break through he ever had where it didn't matter if his eyes were open or closed it simply didn't make a difference, he was truly disconnected from his conscious for a period of time

Certainly one to remember.. :blink:

Question:

I read on Erowid that applying flame to DMT isn't good for it and that heat is best applied indirectly. What's the deal then with tryptamine-soaked herb that has to be combusted anyway? How does this work without degrading the laced compounds?

Perhaps I'm missing something, perhaps a silly question... ? :huh:

Just burn it. Treat it like an opportunity to smoke it in a more herblike fashion :D

This talk of adding datura and brug to changa has got me thinking.

I suppose this would have the potential to be very dangerous - combining MAOIs and tropanes.

Is the action of MAOIs in caapi different smoked as opposed to oral ingestion? Shorter lived and milder perhaps?

Anyone aware of problems from small amounts of smoked MAOIs with even smaller amounts of smoked tropanes?

No worries in my experience.

As always when playing with tropanes, caution must be excersised.

As noted above curanderos are known for mixing tropanes with their caapi even for oral ingestion so I don't imagine there to be an issue for smoking.

Truly beautiful Sphinx :worship:

Are they seeding by chance?? Please please!

How can i tell? I guess its a Brugmansia sanguinea

This is honestly an amazing looking plant

Why is it you think that high content psychoactives all look so tripped out? Ephedra looks like its on speed, droopy poppies look like they've just had a taste, hawaiian baby woodrose, dope!?!?

That's not even mentioning :shroomer:

i got one round the corner from my joint if they want to hook up.

nice one though

:wub: Edited by ({E})

We got a big bag of caapi mailed over from south america, i like smoking it in joints with resin at threshhold doses, one of the best antidepressants i have ever come across. after a particular traumatic experience at a bush doof (someone on cactus purposely stabbed themselves in the neck with a pair of scissor) caapi joints did wonders for the PTSD we were all suffering after witnessing the act. It put me on a plateau od poswitivity that lasted for 2-3 weeks.