The Corroboree
Manisobsolete

WA Season

ive got a food dehydrator and thats how i dried mine out, and they still work too. so no substantial or noticable loss in potency.

gday people. i plan on returning down south for another hunt this weekend and will let you all know how i go.

On another note ive ran onto some 'other' magic mushrooms, not the psilocybin ones but the amanita muscimol ones, will eat tonight and let you know

Jesus ydarb. Please do some research and take the advice everyone is giving you seriously as something that could save your LIFE.

Undried Amanita muscaria are very high in ibotenic acid, which will almost assuredly cause hepatoxic failure if ingested. Drying at a decent temp converts the ibotenic acid to muscimol which is not toxic.

PLEASE DO NOT EVER EAT UNDRIED AMANITAS! Only ingest dried ones where legal.

thanks for the advice Sina, i think you saved me some trouble there.

Do the amanita's have a descent trip compared to the P. sub variety??

thanks for the advice Sina, i think you saved me some trouble there.

Do the amanita's have a descent trip compared to the P. sub variety??

Sounds like a close call there...

This stuff scares me - nice save Sina,

post-903-1213002689_thumb.jpg

ydarb, I am going to refuse any more information to you FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

The fact that you don't even know the differences in terms of effects between the mushrooms tells me you are wholly unprepared for an experience with either and you most likely got very lucky last time you and youre mates decided to stuff a bunch down the gullet that nothing bad happened.

Seriously. We do not want you to die or end up in the ICU from your idiotic behaviour and attract even more attention to us.

Do some research. Do some research. Do some research. Do some research. Do some research. Do some research. Do some research. Do some research. Do some research. Do some research. Do some research. Do some research.

EDIT: Idiotic may have been harsh, but please realise you are putting an entire community at risk by acting like this. We enjoy relative obscurity due to a driving effort to keep people informed and OUT of dodgy situations.

Edited by Sina

Sina your a source of great information, good on you for your quick reply to ydarb.

I really find it hard to believe some people miss the information that is so detrimental to mush hunting. Know your area, know the species and ask for help if you have the slightest doubt.

I would also like to say that down in b-lup please everyone tread lightly, don't be destructive in you search. I might be swinging by in the next few weeks, in the presences of good rain, for a walk or two. Hope to bump into a few like-minded people down there :)

green brown blue (what ever colour you prefer) THOUGHTS !

Couldn't have said it better Sina. :BANGHEAD2:

AND - the funniest thing is, or perhaps the UN funniest - Amanita muscaria Don't grow in WA at all.

Any Amanita found in WA is likely to be poisonus.

Ydarb, stop being so fucking gun ho with your mushroom adventures and do some more study, you life depends on it. :slap:

Edited by Hyphalknot

You can download various e-books for example stamets - Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World. Which can be of great help when identifying various mush. I think instead of blasting ydarb we should point him in the direction of literature that could help him on his quest of safe mushroom hunting.

Edited by botanicalSEEKER

You can download various e-books

Please note that in a lot of cases it is actually illegal to do so as it is an infringement of copyright and it also leaves the authors of great books (like Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World) short of $ for their efforts. That said, there are many free publications (quite different to illegal torrents) available via the net that are free of copyright or have been uploaded purposely by the authors (check out erowid). These would be a great (and legal) resource for our 'gun ho' friend :)

ydarb - my advice would be to at least take in what has to be said (for your benefit and everyone else who visits this forum, both members and the public). If you feel that you wont benefit from this very valuable information, then maybe dont bother posting. After all, a single post can be a matter of life and death to an impatient person. Always absorb as much info as you can before scoffing anything - especially something like fungi which can be extremely difficult to identify for the average joe.

hey everyone,

its good to know that there are forums like this which direct people in the right direction, especially me and other not so savy mushroomers.

I can say ive learned my lesson now, after doing some research they turned out to be nothing like amanita muscaria - so me and my stupid friend thankyou all, in particular sina for the early reply.

on another note, all the p. subs we found on our first adventure down south turned out to be edible and enjoyable, so there is the good news. Hope to see you all down there sometime. peace out and thanks.

Hi Vdarb,

Glad you understand :) all anyone wants is for everyone to stay safe.

Cheers

gday guys, i went down on friday and found 60 shroomies in about 2 hours by flashlight.

AND - the funniest thing is, or perhaps the UN funniest - Amanita muscaria Don't grow in WA at all.

Any Amanita found in WA is likely to be poisonus.

i heard of some fly agarics growing in pines near an orchard in donnybrook this was realayed to me by an old kiwi who is familiar with them growing rampant in his homeland. never seen one myself.

i love you hyphalknot X

i heard of some fly agarics growing in pines near an orchard in donnybrook this was realayed to me by an old kiwi who is familiar with them growing rampant in his homeland. never seen one myself.

i love you hyphalknot X

Ocassionally I hear reports of A muscaria-like mushrooms growing down south, but these are usually from people who aren't experienced mycologists and it's difficult to get an exact description. I would not be surprised if they are in WA, but there are no official records as yet.

gday guys, i went down on friday and found 60 shroomies in about 2 hours by flashlight.

you bastard!!! there has been a bit of rain on and off in the last couple of weeks, im hoping to head down next weekend, hopefully do some midnight hunting. i might take the camera down with me, and if nothing else at least i will have some pretty pictures to take home with me:D

how is everyone going this season? praying for the rains?

hello everyone, i was down in our favourite lil town recently and found 100 subs in a quick night time hunt. unfortunately my torch battery died on me and left me in the dark and cut the hunt shorter than i would have hoped. but all in all a very fun time.

i also had my first run in with the galerina aswell. i was harvesting a small patch of subs when i thought i saw another sub growing maybe 2 metres away. it looked identical to me from a top view and when i picked it up i got quite a shock as the stem wasnt as white as i would have liked and it had a very very small necklace around the stem. also no blueing.

this could have been a serious issue particularly in my first 2 hunts when i was very inexperienced :BANGHEAD2: . so yeah basically be careful everyone, and dont let your guard down because a galerina may sneak into the bag.

and hyphalknot clean your inbox out a lilttle if ya get a minute. B)

Edited by ydarb

i went down to balingup yesterday and found 90 subs :shroomer: . the biggest one's cap was almost as long as a cigarrette lighter. i think somene had been to my usual spot before me as it was completely devoid of shrooms. luckily i found a new spot which is where i turned up the 90 :)

this takes my total to 430 shrooms for the season. im definately going down again soon.

Edited by ydarb

longtime reader, non-prolific poster.

member previously registered as "the poet" or "poet" or some such. changed me name 'cause couldn't remember username and/or password. back now.

just wondering what's the latest news in the south west; has ydarb cleaned the place out, or are people still finding this late in the season?

All over now, has been for a while. Depending on the weather the season can end anytime, basically when the rains stop so do the mushrooms. I've seen them end of August, start of September before.

is it possible to get another fruit cause we have had alot of rain the last couple of days and the temp is droppin to 2 tonight!

Yes it is definitely possible; have to put in the effort but definitely possible in the right areas. (this is speaking from melbourne experience, so a little diff, but still...)

is it possible to get another fruit cause we have had alot of rain the last couple of days and the temp is droppin to 2 tonight!

I wouldnt be surprised actually! This weather has been very strange, might be enough to pop a couple up for sure - especially with the rain coming at the end of this week as well...

If anyone has the time for a hunt PLEASE post back with the results!