The Corroboree
Manisobsolete

WA Season

And is there any love to be spread as of yet?

them nights are gettin mighty chilly ;)

29/4/06 11:55pm, currently 6 degC, 97%RH, 0mm rain since 9am

well its getting to 3C here

but no rain = no love

well its getting to 3C here

but no rain = no love

DAMN, it's not gona rain here until next fri or sat :(

1/5/06 3:30am, currently 6degC,98%RH, 0mm rainfall since 9am. Min to 9 am thismorning 3degC

Edited by naja naja

1/5/06 3:30am, currently 6degC,98%RH, 0mm rainfall since 9am. Min to 9 am thismorning 3degC

I didnt realise there were so many WA hunters.

Perhaps with these cold nights, and the heavy dew, the mycelium will be spreading nicely... I reckon we are very close - I wouldnt be surprised if that rain a few weeks a go brought a couple out early.

My first ever hunt was on the easter weekend about 5 or 6 years ago - and we found plenty.

Edited by OttO

Goddamn Hot Weather!!!! whyyyyyyyy!

Tell me about it, 29 tomorrow and 30 on saturday.

Wtf is going on with the weather?

Lol - only people obsessed with fungus would complain about the weather being TOO nice... :saufen2:

i know what you guys mean, its been sunny and nice here in melbourne last few days, all my immature sub caps are drying up :(

so, no posts from WAers for a while, maybe you're all busy picking :P

any news down south? lots o rain the last cople days...

so, no posts from WAers for a while, maybe you're all busy picking :P

any news down south? lots o rain the last cople days...

It's pissing down rite now, but I can't be bothered driving that far to find out. :P

I'd bet money that there's a few up. If tonight is cold enough, there will b hundreds In another 3-4 days.

It's pissing down rite now, but I can't be bothered driving that far to find out. :P

I'd bet money that there's a few up. If tonight is cold enough, there will b hundreds In another 3-4 days.

cheers, thinking bout two days time - too early? i'm not v. exp. with temps either - what exactly would you call 'cold enough'?

i'll be sure to put up a post once i return !

cheers, thinking bout two days time - too early? i'm not v. exp. with temps either - what exactly would you call 'cold enough'?

i'll be sure to put up a post once i return !

Please man, make sure you do put up this post - Im keen to know as well. I think that the one storm today might not have a massive impact (considering just how dry its been), but it should bring a few up.

Please post your results!

Please man, make sure you do put up this post - Im keen to know as well. I think that the one storm today might not have a massive impact (considering just how dry its been), but it should bring a few up.

Please post your results!

ok here goes..

came back from Bal this morning after a starlight expedition - no shrooms ! :(

only ones found were some large (7 - 15cm) brown-top, yellow gill ugly f***ers.

after some moderate rain tue + wedsday and some icy nights we thought it might have been a go, but not quite yet apparently. bit of a bummer but such an amazingly beautiful night walk and exit at sunrise.

the surface layer of the needles was moist but a cm or so under was pretty dry - definately need a substantial downpour to activate these little fellas (maybe >15mm in a day at a guess).

hope this helps the rest of you.. all in good time hey

Probably Slippery Jacks - Suilleus luteus. Viscid cap?

Can be eaten, apparently quite tasty when small.

ok here goes..

came back from Bal this morning after a starlight expedition - no shrooms ! :(

after some moderate rain tue + wedsday and some icy nights we thought it might have been a go, but not quite yet apparently. bit of a bummer but such an amazingly beautiful night walk and exit at sunrise.

the surface layer of the needles was moist but a cm or so under was pretty dry - definately need a substantial downpour to activate these little fellas (maybe >15mm in a day at a guess).

hope this helps the rest of you.. all in good time hey

Thanks for the heads up! :worship:

That poor balingup forest cops a bit of a beating doesnt it? A LOT of people hunt there...

A few more solid rains now after this temperature drop the past 3 days should bring on the magic

Probably Slippery Jacks - Suilleus luteus. Viscid cap?

Can be eaten, apparently quite tasty when small.

yeah viscid, really spongy gills

i'm gonna head down there this weekend so.....RAIN DAMN YOU!!!!

It's raining rite now, has been all day and there's puddles everywhere! ^_^

:D its times like these i just want to hug you naja :P

cool, good luck this coming weekend, just remember i came up empty 4 days ago cause i underestimated how much rain was required. If i were you i would keep a close eye on the BoM Weather site, in particular:

http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/wa/observations.shtml

(its interesting how much rainfall can vary between Bridgetown and Donnybrook!)

I'd want to see Bal. recieve 20mm rain minimum within 3-5 days before i considered it worthwhile. anyways thats jus me,

good luck and lets know how you go

G

I'd want to see Bal. recieve 20mm rain minimum within 3-5 days before i considered it worthwhile. anyways thats jus me,

I have to agree. This time last year there were heaps arround, but if you look at this link you will see why -

http://www.watercorporation.com.au/dams/dams_rain.cfm

I think the rain today may get tehe odd one to pop up, but they will be very few and far between (perhaps wetter spots by rivers).

The average for May is 120mm, yet we have only had 109mm, so far, for the whole of 2006! Its not looking good... maybe a few more weeks until there are any good solid patches.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/items/200605/1647778.htm?wa

Yeah WTF is up with the no-rain? The summer that just went was fuck all as well, it's global warming in action I tells ya.

That poor balingup forest cops a bit of a beating doesnt it? A LOT of people hunt there...

Does anyone have any luck in Bridgetown and Donnybrook? I'd really like to go for a look-see, if I didn't have so many expletive exams :ana:

Yeah WTF is up with the no-rain?

Dont worry, its the same for me over here in Vic.

Whilst Melbourne gets all the regular autumnul weather, here in the north east of the state have had one lot of rain at the start of the season. This was enough for ONE really good flush but since then there hasnt been a drop and it is as dry now as it was before the rain.

When i was younger i remember starting the season at the end of april/start of may. Over the past ten years though it has been reeally dry and a "late" start to the fungi season, alot of my favorite patches dont start fruiting till late june. :(

They will come.

eventually.