The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MORG

TOOL 2006 release

Hagakure. Its passed my mind a couple of times, that it may not be Tool. BUT IT CANT NOT BE! I haven't listened to screaming heavy metal for a long time. I got over it as my life changed.

The only exception being Tool.

So all of a sudden this new band pops up playing deep, long, heavy metal which sounds like Tool, and I'm intranced by this music after not liking it for ages. AND it goes by the name of tracks on Tools new album AND a couple of the songs end unfinished. This is the hardest concept for me to believe right now. There is this tiny possibility thats its true. But I can't believe it. It tripping me out hardcore. My vocabulary doesn't extend far enough to explain how I feel right now. I must stop considering I've found a new band, it scares the shit outta me. :o

Apoth man you have to here this. Every Tool fan does. I used limewire for downloading, I downloaded seperate tracks one by one not whole album (coulnd't). I've already listed the tracks and length. It is up to you to do the rest. Goodluck fellow travellers, may you find what your looking for.

went for a swim though various discussion boards across net and apparently all previous "leaks" were fakes.

you have a different band.

one way to solve problem - get the lyrics, google em, find out who it actually is.

im rather keen to hear these tracks

!!!!!

This is killing me. I'm spinning upside down and arguing with gravity.

!!!!!

I'll see tonight if I can coherently hear the lyrics.

ALL leaks of the album couldn't be fakes coz Tool discussed in an interview (thanks dodie) why they were pissed off at the leak of the album, this stopped me from listening (5 days) to it untill I had the original CD.

:wacko:

i think that leak had the tracks you hear on the album though. my mate got that then bought the album wen it came out - same tracks.

indigo sunrise, u can hear maynard and bowie perform together on a coupla songs on the 'Underworld' movie soundtrack.

indigo sunrise, u can hear maynard and bowie perform together on a coupla songs on the 'Underworld' movie soundtrack.

Yeah??? Didn't notice because I hated the movie so much. :wink:

Yeah guys this is an awesome album very different, yet quite the same in my opinion, its as though the songs were written in different eras to each others, some sound as though they were written around undertow or between undertow and aenima and so on and so forth. I know there were rumours that it may have been album of previously unreleased b-sides but I doubt itbut even if it is true I can't honestly say I care as the cd is pure genious.

I hope these guys tour with meshuggah (which i think means messiah in some previously used language). I think in an earlier post someone may have mistaken them for tool, let me tell ya they're not tool, unmistakeably very heavy metal, but very good, tool themselves are fans so that must stand for something. I love it because of all the complex odd timing and constant time changes, very seizure inducing, believe in metal circles its reffered to as math-core due to its timing complexity.

Anyway a little off-topic but these guys have toured together in the states and mesuggah have never toured here so it would be something else, oh and bring aphex twins for a little diversity please tool (I doubt their listening). PLEASE.

One more thing if anyone is interested in hearing mesuggah give us a yell, and some advice on how to get it to you, I like proliferating such genious. Not for the faint hearted if you like or have liked metal or just appreciate musical genious. By the way the drummer writes almost all of the music himself, drumming, guitar riffs and solos, bass lines and even the lyrics, some people just have all the gifts while people like me just can't drumm for shit, but don't stop me trying though. Tomas Haake check him out. TOOL an MESUGGAH ROCK :blink:

Sorry back to the topic

mushuggah are fucking awesome.

there was a fake leak that was circulating by a different band, can't remember their name, but the music was lame and the recording quality was pretty poor. i assumed it was some bunch of guys doing a tool impersonation in their back shed just to mess with toolheads. i got this file about 3 times before i found the 'official' leak which is the same as the official release. i can't seem to find the files you speak of on emule but you've really got me entrigued...

It is nearly all clear now. I'll download some meshuggah 2night to confirm. Thanx for the help guys.

I hadn't re-listened to tools new album since last tuesday, and I was craving it friday night when I was trying to sleep. And yeah its very damn good.

Darkhourse:

I love it because of all the complex odd timing and constant time changes, very seizure inducing

This is what turned me off a couple of tracks in lateralus and 10,000 days. I don't get the 'out of beat' fealing with those seven (edit) unknown tracks I have. And I enjoy the complex odd timing much, its what helps tool stay original, but I've just found a couple of tracks on those 2 albums a bit too 'out'. But stil unrivalled music.

peace

Edited by onz

Pretty good album all round, but the thing that bothers me is that each song has an awesome part, but the whole song itself is pretty average.

Yeah so pretty surprised to find that meshugga aren't what i've downloaded. :huh:

So I'm going to have to transfer one or two of these songs to one of you, coz I have no idea who they are.

Its a mystery

but the thing that bothers me is that each song has an awesome part, but the whole song itself is pretty average.

I get this fealing with about 3 song on 10,000 days. And the same with lateralus

After listening to the new album many many times over :P Only just starting to really take it all in and all i can say is its fucken genius! The odd timing, melodic riffs its all Tip Top personally i think all the songs are bloody awesome wasnt dissapointed with any of it. I dont see any point in trying to compare it with their previous work one either loves or hates it :wink:

Take from it what you will

The new TOOL album......well, What a brilliantlly coreographed peice of art. What a masterpeice!!!

This album has blown me away, to the point that i had tears welling up in my eyes while listening to it.

The power these guys can generate is unbelievable. And they havent lost that distinctive orchestral flow that spins and floats its way through most TOOL albums.

And if that isnt DMT inspired artwork i dont know what is. Its like taking a visual journey while being accompanied by the music.

These guys are clever!!

Where would we be without TOOL!!!!!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: :worship

can say i've been listening to tool for to long but ive defiently grown to love this album the most, it just seems like a rollercoaster of truth rolled together with passion for the music i mean with tracks like 10,000 days which is deep, to the pot which i find hilariously adictive and roseta stone :wacko: highly amusing and right in to and vicarious which slices right threw to the truth of the human race,

What more could you ask for in a album and especieally of tool.

love the aussie accents of lost keys :wink:

and the guitar riffs B)