The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

faces in plants

Hey ive often noticed that when my mind is opened to different concepts and thinking i see faces or even a whole nuch of different humanoid creatures in the shapes of bushes and trees - they are always stone still sort of like the inhabitants of Huxley's Antipodes of the Mind - stone and still yet all knowing.

Recently i was looing into Druidic and celtic beliefs and came across an image that is commonly found in celtic artifacts and buriel sites - an image called 'jack of the Green' or a whole host of other names attributed to the image in modern times.

It is always a face made up of plantation - or tree/branch/leaf material.

ive seen images of a variety of gods and deities from many different religious concepts all have a similar figure. Im wondering whether this concept of this entity came from some sort of psychedelic usage?

I know that european pagan groups used to consume Panaeolus subbalteatus - a lowly active psilocybin-containing mushroom. Maybe this created this belief?

The image seems to often be associated with the figure of Cerburrus - the celtic entity that was known as the protector of the forest.

Beliefs don't have to have come from psychoactive usage.....although it probably helps!

interestingly some (people i don't know the word for...anthropologists?) believe that consuming amanita muscaria may have inspired the beginning of religion in early europe! very odd.

When I'm high on sativa dominated weed I often see faces in leaves and other organic structures. I've seen a detailed representation of my aunts face in a bush whilst peeing. Interesting experience and not scary at all.

Personally I think that the brains association machinery gets an fuel injection while you're high. Have no sci explanation, though.

I read about this stuff a while ago as well, there's some pretty interesting books about this stuff.. check out amazon and search for "green man".

Oh, and check out my post regarding my first introduction to the green man here:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...74&hl=green+man

Oh yeah, remainds me of something that happenned after me and my bro drank some 'green tea'.

We were sitting by the river and there was these big trees on the other side, and I said "hey look, at that spot just there, it looks like a green man face" and my bro slowly turned to look at me, bemused and slightly shocked and said "I can see green man faces everywhere, that's what I've been trying to tell you all day". Then I remembered a few occasions throughout the day where he'd been looking really scared at the bushes and trees and I just lost it.