The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Sydney Meet

i'll be there, will be good to meet you all in person. Tripitaka, i can give u and L a lift down, call or msg me tomorrow to arrange a time, and Minerval i can give u a lift too if your coming along, be good to catch up. don't think i can fit more than 4 tho, small car :(

spent a few hours at the gardens a fortnight ago, think i need so more learned folk to show me around tho, its a rather large place!

the brugs near the herb garden were in full flower, a fantastic sight indeed!

I have been to the RBGS probably more than once a month for half a year or so, and everytime I go I still find new plants!

Duboisia myoporoides

Stevia

Nicotiana

Acacia

no. 4 qat

Various Trichs (hey minerval I think that one we were trying to figure out last time might be T. knuthianus...looks very much like the one in the HBG photos except a lot more yellow :P)

Backhousia

Echinacea (lots)

Brugmansia (lots)

Nymphaea/Nelumbo (lots)

Various Chillies I am hoping will be setting fruit right now

Marshmallow plant

Ephedra

Gingko (maybe some seedlings now?)

The list of interesting ones is veryyyyy long...

Finding the Nicotiana patch last time we were there made my day :D

Minerval also spotted an interesting looking Psychotria (leaves didn't survive the bus trip back to mine).

This is sounding more and more like it's gonna be an awesome day!

I sms'd Benzito with no reply..has anyone heard from him? Hope he is ok...

Wandjina said she is coming.

Much love guys...

I have been to the RBGS probably more than once a month for half a year or so, and everytime I go I still find new plants!

Duboisia myoporoides

Stevia

Nicotiana

Acacia

no. 4 qat

Various Trichs (hey minerval I think that one we were trying to figure out last time might be T. knuthianus...looks very much like the one in the HBG photos except a lot more yellow :P)

Backhousia

Echinacea (lots)

Brugmansia (lots)

Nymphaea/Nelumbo (lots)

Various Chillies I am hoping will be setting fruit right now

Marshmallow plant

Ephedra

Gingko (maybe some seedlings now?)

The list of interesting ones is veryyyyy long...

Finding the Nicotiana patch last time we were there made my day :D

Minerval also spotted an interesting looking Psychotria (leaves didn't survive the bus trip back to mine).

This is sounding more and more like it's gonna be an awesome day!

I sms'd Benzito with no reply..has anyone heard from him? Hope he is ok...

Wandjina said she is coming.

Much love guys...

perhaps the elders could give a bit of a tour for newbie's such as myself? i missed half of those plants when i was there! i dont spose there is some sort of "locality guide" for the gardens? ie punch the name into a database and find location? surely the staff would have such a system in place? maybe you need to join friends of the gardens to have access?

but then again it would spoil the fun of the search, and the excitment of finding things you never knew were there!

Also, Tripitaka: gotta work at 8am sunday, so will need to be back home at a reasonable hour saturday night, keep in mind if u would like a lift back.

i dont spose there is some sort of "locality guide" for the gardens? ie punch the name into a database and find location? surely the staff would have such a system in place? maybe you need to join friends of the gardens to have access?

Yep, they do. It's a horribly intractable and buggy database called EMu. It's for staff only as far as I know..

Are there and coasties still catching the train down ?

If so PM me

It looks like I will probably be able to make it down now. Never been down there before so whats the situation with parking, or is it best to just train it down?

Just about to leave the Bellingen area now, will arrive in Newcastle later tonight and then onto the meet on Saturday!

See you Kats there!

from cityrail website...

Trackwork [current]details

North Shore Line Parramatta to Berowra via City

02:00 am Sat 22 April 2006 to 02:00 am Mon 24 April 2006

North Shore Line trains will not operate.

Buses will replace trains between Wynyard and Berowra.

Please allow an extra travel time of 30 minutes.

this wont effect those travelin from the central coast and beyond. the newcastle train uses the northern line, not the north shore line. change at central for st james which is right next to the meeting point. ;)

local sydneyites should know if this trackwork will effect them and allow for extra travelin time.

have a great day everyone. :)

Hey Minerval, you're not hitting up the partae anymore???

Probably a good thing if you don't, so I won't end up going and putting more stress on my poor over partied body. :P

Hope you make it tomorrow - been a while.

To everybody travelling down from the coast, try and hop on the IRC tonight and maybe we can get some premeeting train shite organised. Otherwise PM if you need my moby number.

Until then I'm gonna go hang myself out to dry and nurse my liver for a while. Catch you all tomorrow.

oh no we will definately be going to the party...

First time i will go to a doof without ANYTHING.. ive done it plenty of times with alcohol and smoke, but this time absoltuely nothing.

The cleanse we are on doesnt even allow gluten, dairy or fried foods, to put it simply, so it is going to be interesting seeing the chaos of a party through un altered eyes....

The party, ironically enough, is called Bent perceptions, and is put on by the Lucid Visions crew, but i doubt i will be having any form of bent perceptions other then the usual 'hitch hiking' and maybe some flower essences of a special kind....

We are trying desperately to make it tomorrow, but may be pulling off an all night cacti swamping tonight, so we will see if we emerge from the green goop with enough energy to do the sydney mission and then return home to rest before the partae....

Hopefully we will be able to con some of our more closely associated counterparts to accompany us to the loaf of sugar to partake of one last doof before our overseas enterprise kicks into gear.

thats was fun, nice too meeet the new peoples too.

EVERY sydney meet is worth attending. :D

start planin the next one sina

Yes I agree, it was very good. I liked it alot. Im enjoying something from someone right now :wink:

great to meet you all, and to be shown the highlights of the gardens.

i look forward to next time :)

Indeed a fun day :D

Lookin forward to watching the stuff on those CDs James! ^_^

turps, the bridgesii :worship:

EDIT: Oh yeah, Amulte I got some good plans for that tobacco...I'll show you the results next time we meet ;)

Edited by apothecary

Twas a very nice day with very nice company.

Great to see the people I already knew, great to meet new people, and great to discover that I had already met somebody in the past but didn't realise it due to a hair cut.

Minerval, although you were only there in spirit I appreciate that your spirit tried to murder me. Also PM a postal address and I'll get your books back to you asap.

I'll get to one of these eventually! Had some drama's early Saturday morning and didnt get much sleep so I couldnt make it down that way as planned.

Chief

Who needs sleep when you have loads of khat and ephedra to munch on :wink:

It was very nice meeting you guys.

Thanks for the tour at the Gardens. I've got much to learn about plants and nature.

At the end I found myself contemplating a giant Fig tree and missed the walk to the pub for a beer :(

Hope to see you again soon.

Edited by James

Arg! I wondered where u were when we got to the pub :( Its just to easy to get lost in the city

Hope to see u at the next one too James

WHY WHY WHY MUST I WORK!!!!!!!!! :ana:

Sorry to miss the meet people, was going to bring that thankyou present for fugushi that I mentioned in passing to him. Oh well, next time.

We'll have to make the next one for a public holiday, that way everyone should be able to make it (in theory)

Hope you all had fun though

There's always next time blangschpeer. But it was great meeting everyone, Had a excellent day out in the gardens, hope to do it again in the not too distant future.

Well, back from the Southern Coastal jaunt and must say that this was certainly one of the highlights of the journey!

Was truly great to see some of "regular" or should I say "extraordinary" sydney siders again!

As a group wen ran into a local Cacti show/display near the glasshouse which was interesting. The slavic gentleman was using a novel species to graft onto. Can anyone remember what it was?? I forgot to take note!

Was quite hilarious when he asked what club we were from and he didn't think much of Karol Knize either!

The Saffron was exquisite and went down a treat at our Mt Sugarloaf party that night!

Some nice Cacti cuts were on offer by Turps and particularly enamored by the Red spined Trichocereus.

James, just watched the DVD over a coffee and a great way to settle in to home.

To thoses that I worked out trades, these will be sent next week.

Thankyou all again, glad I made the effort to get along to this one, so many people must have been a dozen or so that made it.

Managed to call in on Adrian on the way back North, which was a great way to exit the chaos of Sydney!

Yeah it really was a good turnout.

Trip, the grafts were on Myrtillocactus. They looked pretty good :D

Glad you enjoyed the Saffron :)

damn, spewing i missed it, but my girl needed a sleep in, so i was on baby duty.

not that its a duty, its quite the opposite. but baby comes first :)

le sigh. maybe next time i'll get to meet more of you guys. sounds like mucho fun was had.